I know the 5th may be ommited sometimes.. or the 9th/11th... but what's the order???

Quote by ouchies
You dont have to have the root in the chord. The order of powers in a triad is the 3rd, root then the 5th.

or something like that
I guess that order is called order of powers but what is it???
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I've heard of the order of strengths. According to Redwing:

"It goes 1 3 5 7 2 4 6 (or 9 for 2, 11 for 4, 13 for 6, no biggie for now, they're the same notes)."
Quote by bangoodcharlote

"It goes 1 3 5 7 2 4 6 (or 9 for 2, 11 for 4, 13 for 6, no biggie for now, they're the same notes)."

aye, its just the general layout of order for what notes you add to a chord on top of each other, but they can be used in other senses, but mostly for embellishing chords
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by bangoodcharlote

I don't think that's what he means. I believe he's talking about leaving out notes of big chords.

Speaking of extended chords (at least four tones)

The first to fall is the fifth (except in a m7b5 or dim7 chord)
The second to fall is the root.
Third to fall is the 9th (in case of any 11 chord (including m11, dom11, maj11))
Fourth to fall is the 11th, in case of any 13 chord (including m13, dom13, maj13)
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
I don't think that's what he means. I believe he's talking about leaving out notes of big chords.

Speaking of extended chords (at least four tones)

The first to fall is the fifth (except in a m7b5 or dim7 chord)
The second to fall is the root.
Third to fall is the 9th (in case of any 11 chord (including m11, dom11, maj11))
Fourth to fall is the 11th, in case of any 13 chord (including m13, dom13, maj13)
yea that's what I wanted to know... thanks!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!