I have an Aria that I got for Christmas, but my friends are telling me to get a new one. What is a good beginner guitar?
washburn D100 if youre looking for acoustic. musiciansfriend has them for $99 bucks but they play and sound ridiculously good for that price. ive bought 3, 1 for me and 2 as gifts! awesome guitar without spending too much cash.
You shouldn't be getting a new guitar just because your friends are telling you so. Unless you know for SURE that you need it. For example.

My friend has two guitars. One is this $100 B.C. Rich Warlock, and this ghetto Ibanez RG. Seriously, it's put together with bike parts. The sustain sucks on it, too. You hit a note, it dies instantly. But he's too lazy to get a job, so...sucks for him.

But yeah, don't get a guitar because your friends say so. Upgrade when YOU'RE ready.
i agree with death for all
learning on a shitty guitar isn't always a bad thing either by the way
My theory is that you should get as good equipment as you can.. that way you know it's not the equipment making the bad sound, it's you. You need the confidence in your equipment. My mistake was (before ending up with an AmSe Strat) was thinking my MIM Strat sucked. It very well could have, but the more likely reason was that I just sucked.
an Aria is great for beginners. I learned on an aria. Is it acoustic or electric? I'd suggest learning on an acoustic. It's a tab bit more difficult but it's just a better way to learn your fundamentals. Acoustic players can play electric but many people that have only played electric cant play acoustic for their life.
I'd say a epiphone SG special...
Ive got it and it sounds pretty good even on a shit studio amp
Quote by Dinguz
I have a thing for 10 year old shemales in japanese school uniforms
sucking a horse... awww yeahhh..........

Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
Ignore your friends, get what you want when you need it.

If your dead-set on getting something though get a Yamaha, they're really nice and usually dirt cheap
dude who cares what guitar you've got a good guitarist can make a shit guitar sound great
When Grunge Come's Back Ii'll Be Ready.
Yeah get one when your ready the only time you should need one is if your playing lead and you don't have a floyd rose bridge.
These walls are closing in, they're bound to suffocate me
Compled to live my life in ways I could never imagine
Can you save the dying eyes? Sentenced to never be free
I stand convicted of all your fucking lies.
Quote by Marksimus
I'd say a epiphone SG special...
Ive got it and it sounds pretty good even on a shit studio amp

Good advice, get either a les paul special II or the SG equivalent.

They are made from laminated alder (not plywood...) and if you can pick the right one it will sound pretty good.

Wine red les paul specials are the best lookers, with black hardware too.

My special II lp sounds as good as some of the more expencive/ mid range epiphone, just make sure you try them all because some will sound shit.
its the magician not the wand

do you wanna be the kid with a gibson who cant play?

only get a guitar you deserve
Get a new amp (probably a Valve Junior combo, or maybe a Cube)
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by Stratohol
My mistake was (before ending up with an AmSe Strat) was thinking my MIM Strat sucked. It very well could have, but the more likely reason was that I just sucked.

a new guitar isnt going to make you learn faster or play faster or anything.
i.e. you buy the steve vai signature model, you're still not going to play like steve vai.
No one has said Behringer?

Behringer guitars are perfect for beginners, and if you buy them with an amp the amp is great too!

And theyre really cheap too
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE
Last edited by Masterbasser36 at Feb 25, 2007,
My first guitar was a Yamaha EG112, and I still use it. Very durable, and plays well.
Gear:
Washburn X10
Yamaha EG 112
Crate VTX30
Yamaha GA-10