Ive found these two amps on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250087691124&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150094478954&rd=1&rd=1

Obviously they would have identical tone but with the 201 I should be able to get power tube saturation at lower volumes. Also the 201 should go cheaper so thats a plus and i might be able to pick the amp up because I live closer to the seller of the 201 so i would also save on postage costs.

Ive heard good things about these amps like they actually have good cleans for a Marshall and have good overdrive. But will i be able to do small gigs with the 201 or will i need the 401 to do gigs. Can i hook up to a cab to get more volume or a P.A system for gigs?

Anyway I play rock like Chili Peppers, Audioslave, RATM, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ACDC, GnR, Velvet Revolver, Wolfmother, grunge like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metal like Metallica, Pantera and Iron Maiden and blues like Clapton and SRV. So i figure that a Marshall is my sound. I was thinking of going for a JCM 800 but the ones ive found on Ebay are a bit dodgy looking and a bit too expensive for me so alsong as the DSL can do vintage tones alright im gonna snag it.

Anyway what i really want to know is how much are they worth?(The 201 is discontinued now but how much are both amps at retail price?) Basically would i pay 50% of retail price or whatever they bought it for?
My Gear

Guitars:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Standard Strat

Cort Acoustic

Amp:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
Sorry, but since when have they had a 201?! Or am I just retarded.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Why did you have to make another thread? And like I said before, I say get a dual channel jcm 800.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Also i live in Australia and the amps are in Aussie dollars so what are the worth in Aussie $$$
My Gear

Guitars:

Cort Acoustic

Amp:

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
Actually, the DSL series sounds pretty good at low vol.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
Quote by JesseIbanez

lol they had them and stopped making them, so I guess that makes you retarded
Quote by JesseIbanez

http://www.harmony-central.com/Events/WNAMM99/Marshall/DSL201-DSL401.html
Sorry bro...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The main thing I want to know is how much they are worth and how much i should bid on it. Im gonna go for the 201 cos its cheaper and all, but how much (australian) is the 201 at retail price(ive been trying to look for this on the net but because the amp is discontinued I cant find any prices) Say if the 201 is $1,400 (Australian) retail price, would the amp be worth 50%, $700 Australian or thereabouts???
My Gear

Guitars:

Cort Acoustic

Amp:

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
You can do small gigs with the 201, but if you really want to crank that amp, look at the 401.
Sent from my iPad.
Can the 201 be hooked up to a cab and a P.A system???
My Gear

Guitars:

Cort Acoustic

Amp:

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
bump
My Gear

Guitars:

Cort Acoustic

Amp:

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
I would get the 401 - I have it. Its going pretty damn cheap at the moment (I got mine for $900 as new). The difference between a 201 and a 401 is around 3dB, so the 201 won't be much quieter than the 401 at all. And the 401 sounds pretty good at low volumes anyway.'

Oh, and the 401 has two overdrive channels whereas the 201 only has one. So, you can get more gain out of the 401.
The more you know, the less you understand.
last.fm
^+1
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by guitar_guru_28
Can the 201 be hooked up to a cab and a P.A system???

Yes, but thats pointless. Just Mic the combo. What good does buying a cab do if your gonna mic it anyway.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I'd go 201, because you can crank it good for nice distortion, and if your drummer has a sense of dynamics you should be fine, if not an extension cab might help out.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by JesseIbanez

Retard alert!!! lol

I say go for the 401! The extra boost option really seals it tbh..

Quote by woodenbandman
I'd go 201, because you can crank it good for nice distortion, and if your drummer has a sense of dynamics you should be fine, if not an extension cab might help out.

If... Also a entension cab wont make it louder just so you know (Well maybe a small bit) If you have a PA and can be guaranteed to be mic'd up each time then maybe the 201 but I still say 401..
Last edited by False_God at Feb 28, 2007,