So, I am planning on getting my first ever pedal. Yay. So, I have no clue what to look for...brands, etc. I barely even know how these things work, they got like screens and stuff. I play mostly classic rock, metal, a bit of blues and 50's rock. My budget is well...not very big. I'd like to spend at most $100 CDN if that is even possible. I'm just looking for a starter pedal, not something amazingly awesome. Suggestions, tips? Thanks,
Get the original Vox. Best wah pedal in its price range, IMO. When I was a n00b, I bought a Crybaby because of the name recognition, and it sucks. The sweep range, unless you use an effects loop, is very mediocre.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Get the original Vox. Best wah pedal in its price range, IMO. When I was a n00b, I bought a Crybaby because of the name recognition, and it sucks. The sweep range, unless you use an effects loop, is very mediocre.

+1
I suggest checking out the Dunlop Cry Baby, the $70 USD version which is roughly $81 CAD.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
i say vox, has way better sound, but needs servicing lots more often, after a while itll just be like a 0 tone or 10 tone switch and will pick up radio stations from halfway across the country
Vox's are too expensive for him though. It is $100 USD which is $115 CAD. If he can get the extra 15 then go with that, if not then get the Dunlop.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!