Okay, I ave been working this for a while, and I have it pretty much at speed and clear using a pick (not fingerpicking).

But at the very beginning, I am having a bit of trouble with the fist hammer of this:

Intro
----------------------------------I------------------------------------I
----4---4h6h4---4-----4---4h6h4---I------------------------6---6h8h6---I
--6---6-------6-----6---6-------6-I----4---4h6h4---4-----8---8-------8-I
6-----------------7---------------I--6---6-------6---6/9---------------I
----------------------------------I7-----------------------------------I
x4

The problem is, while I can seem to do the rest with no problem, on that very first hammer if I use my ring finger is muddies it up, and my pinky just doesn't seem to want to catch the string cleanly.

Ant ideas?Like i said, all the rest of the intro I have no problems with (Well, no problems that more practice won't fix)
Intro
----4---4h6h4---4-----4---4h6h4---I------------------------6---6h8h6---I
--6---6-------6-----6---6-------6-I----4---4h6h4---4-----8---8-------8-I
6-----------------7---------------I--6---6-------6---6/9---------------I
----------------------------------I7-----------------------------------I
x4

There we go...

I use my ring finger when playing that.

*shrug*

Try strengthening your pinky?

I'm sure a little woodshedding will take care of it
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Have you tried your middle finger?

Well I ave absolutely no theory knowledge, so if I am breaking any obscure rules or practices or have bad hand positioning, I don't know about it. but for the first 3 notes I had been using my middle finger on th A string, my ring finger on D and my pointer finger on G.

Is this a bad way to hold it? I hold it almost chord-like, having fingers in all positions from the get-go. Should I try to place each finger individually as the not requires?
LOL I tried it after reading your post (and realizing that's the fingering position I use for every other part of that intro) and it worked like a champ! Thank you all so much for the help and advice, I have been playing chronologically about 13 years but maybe 6 months actual guitar-in-hand time.
Great intro, I've got the hang of it now but have yet to play it at speed and without any mistakes.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.