Okay, so as a ghetto guitar player, I play an Ibanez rg-120 going into a 15-20 year old Crate GX-65 (Seen a lot of hate over this amp, but i wouldn't trade it for the world. totally clean, no"pre-tone" to it at all so I can set my effects however I want without worrying about what they will sound like on my amp. But i digress)

But back to the neck thing. From what I have been able to find, the neck is a 24 fret modeled after one of their wizard necks. Real thin and flat, can just fly across the fretboard with the greatest of ease. The $180 I paid for the guitar new made me feel like a bandit just for this thing.

But the rest of the guitar, I don't have any hate at all for it but it's the basic Agathis (I think, maybe basswood) body, 2 humbuckers, tone and vol pots and 3 way switch.

So here is what I want to know. With the one-off'ness of this neck (according to what I have found, it won't bolt to anything but an RG-120 body), id the increas in price of buying a similar neck worth the trouble of not just boring bolt holes for this one if I build a custom body? Because I would really like to have something with a real wood finish, and from what I have read no matter which wood this body is it doesn't finish well. Plus I hate the trem on tis, took me about 5 hours to figure out and set right (of course, never having touched one n my life that might not be too bad).

Bottom line, were I to do a new body, would it be less hassle or less hassle than the money is worth to try to keep this neck? I really really love this neck.
keep the neck get a block of wood roughly the size of a guitar body and cut it to your needs. you'll find plenty of help with it here and tutorials about that sort of thing on projectguitar
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.