have yall decided to remove the pickguard/hand rest? i have thought about it but not sure i want to leave visible holes on the body.
I've heard about people being concerned about it.

Dont' worry about it...the holes are barely noticable from a distance.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i took my pickgaurd off, i don't like it, and you can barely notice the holes, so don't worry about it
i luckily got mine without the pickguard on it...hehe
i dont like les pauls with pickguards...

and hence my lp has an arched body...i dont need a pickguard...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by hendriko at Feb 24, 2007,
mine didn't come with one, and i must say it looks better than if it had a pickguard.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
yes yes, the pickguard has always annoyed me. it DOES look better without it. i would probably just fill the hole with caulk or something and then paint it black ghetto style, ha.
correct me if i am wrong but i thought only the arched body LPs come with pickguards? only the les paul studios (flat body) dont come with a pickguard.
I agree, I like the les paul with the pick guard! But it looks a tad bit sexier without it though!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Ryank285
correct me if i am wrong but i thought only the arched body LPs come with pickguards? only the les paul studios (flat body) dont come with a pickguard.

Studios have an arch top, and they do come with pickguards.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
I'll leave mine on or take it off depending on my mood.
Whit abound in this signature
which LPs are the ones that have a flat body? my friend has a flat body LP and its a studio so i thought all studios have flat bodies.
since this thread is titled Les Paul Owners, i figured id go off topic a little bit that still refers to the LPs. do yall mess with the tune-o-matic bridge? i just realized some time ago i had the piece on backwards!! the adjustable screwheads were facing the tailpeice when its actually supposed to face the neck. i probably mistakenly put it on wrong when it fell off while changing strings. i didnt know it mattered... anyways, do yall really screw around with the height and/or the adjustable saddles?
Quote by Ryank285
which LPs are the ones that have a flat body? my friend has a flat body LP and its a studio so i thought all studios have flat bodies.

LP Special

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-GIB-LPSPSCVO-TV.html#
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Quote by Ryank285
since this thread is titled Les Paul Owners, i figured id go off topic a little bit that still refers to the LPs. do yall mess with the tune-o-matic bridge? i just realized some time ago i had the piece on backwards!! the adjustable screwheads were facing the tailpeice when its actually supposed to face the neck. i probably mistakenly put it on wrong when it fell off while changing strings. i didnt know it mattered... anyways, do yall really screw around with the height and/or the adjustable saddles?

when i'm putting on new strings, i tend to lower the action a bit by turning those nice little wheels under the saddles. and the tailpiece lowers easily, too, when the strings are loose.

and my les paul's a special and it's a flat top as well.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

id imagine where one sets the bridge and the tailpiece has an influence on the tone, eh?
^ it does influence the intonation and action

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

yeah, true. i'm sure you already know you adjust the saddles to correct intonation and lower/raise the bridge and/or tailpiece to adjust the action.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

well i do...haha

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

i know u are supposed to adjust the saddles when u get thicker gauge strings to compensate for the tougher slack.
Another thing you can try that I've been doing for some time now is Reverse Feed your strings through the Stopbar. Helps pick up harmonics easier and it's a little easier to control your bends. I use 46-10 strings and it feels great. You feed the string through the Stopbar towards the back of the guitar body and roll them up and Over the stopbar. Saddle and Bridge height depends on your liking for action and you would have to adjust the intonation by moving the bridge clips foward and backwards with the adjustable screws. Just a suggestion..... you might like the Wrap-Around set up. Tacks on a little bit more susatin as well. Check out pictures of a PRS Custom 22 with the Stopbar Tailpiece. They actually have grooves cut into the Stopbar for this method.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
I like LPs with pickguards, but mine looks better with it off. The holes aren't even noticeable, so don't worry about that. I put the screws back in, and they're still barely noticeable.
Sounds interesting, ive got a DC +, no concerns about not having a pic guard, just stay well away from metal pics!!!!!
My Kit:
Gibson Les paul double cut away
Yamaha FG720S acoustic
Line
the whole for one of my screws got stripped so i took the pickguard off. the pickguard constantly moving was bothering me. then i noticed how awesome the flamed maple looks whe there is no pickguard. so i kept it off
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

that has to be THE best quote i have seen on this message board. it actually made me laugh for real.
hmm...never really thought about taking mine off...i quite like it lol
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The day I bought mine I took the pick guard off. The holes aren't noticable but mine is black so that might help a bit.
Quote by treagar
The day I bought mine I took the pick guard off. The holes aren't noticable but mine is black so that might help a bit.

actually, black makes it more noticable. when i took the screws out, it kind of chips away at the paint as its coming out so i can easily spot the hole by the wood color. maybe i should get a sharpie and color it? HA!
^ nah mine just left really small black holes, no sign of timber anywhere. I would have to look for the holes to know they were there, definately not noticable.
I took mines off. it leaves a tiny hole but if you put the screw back in and dont tighen it all the way in it makes it look really nice. it also stops paint being chipped off from the exposed holes

PSN ID: ArranP