Theres threads on them already, but their pretty dead so I'll give you a break. Can you give a link?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
i love these guys, i prefer their self titled over their other releases but all their releases are pretty badass. Check out the song Sleep, thats what got me into them
Up there with Swallow the Sun as my favorite Doom bands currently. Simply Finland, Dim, The Sacrifice etc are great songs from very atmospheric albums. Great band
^ They never seemed really doom to me, more just atmospheric post-hardcore. Enjoyed what I've heard from them, even though it isn't really my kind of thing.
Saw em live on Wednesday. Great live band, and very cool guys.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
My friend always described them as a mini-Isis, but I prefer CoL.

I remember posting a Cult of Luna thread a number of years ago now that you mention it...

Still haven't heard their latest album though.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
You know what gets my goat? A shepherd. Urgh.

Quote by meh!
Pfft, everyone gets your goat, your goat is a goat-slut. She/he/it is like the village uni-cycle..all of the clowns have had a ride..and you live in CLOWN VILLAGE.
Alright, cool stuff, not really in the mood for it right now though.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by flying_phoenix
^ They never seemed really doom to me, more just atmospheric post-hardcore. Enjoyed what I've heard from them, even though it isn't really my kind of thing.

I know what you mean the vox do have that sort of feel... Especially on the more lively songs
Quote by las7
Up there with Swallow the Sun as my favorite Doom bands currently. Simply Finland, Dim, The Sacrifice etc are great songs from very atmospheric albums. Great band

Calling CoL doom is a bit of a stretch, srsly.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
Calling CoL doom is a bit of a stretch, srsly.

They are a form of doom as far as I know. They have said that Radiohead is a major influence in some interviews. Isis & Neurosis are the other bands who are pretty similar, and all of these bands are pretty hard to put into a genre but still I think they are closes to the Doom sub genre

Quote by I,Voyager
I haven't heard any of their stuff yet. What album should I buy?

Salvation and Somewhere Along the Highway, havent heard "The Beyond" so I can't really comment on that album.
Last edited by las7 at Feb 25, 2007,
The Beyond happens to be my favorite.

Some great songs on their: Receiver, Genesis, and The Watchtower to name a few.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
If someone who's really familiar with this group could answer my question that would be great. Which album is more post-metal than hardcore?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
How is Ghost Trail live? I got invited to be on the guestlist for their London show (which they filmed for a DVD!) but couldn't make it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Saw them live yesterday, they put on a good show. Definitely worth seeing.

On LuleåKalaset? I wish I weren't so greedy, otherwise I would have seen them.

I like this band, I need MOAR!
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by duncang
How is Ghost Trail live? I got invited to be on the guestlist for their London show (which they filmed for a DVD!) but couldn't make it.

It was great, it had a really weird atmosphere that I haven't experienced earlier at a metal gig.
Quote by ..NEM..
On LuleåKalaset? I wish I weren't so greedy, otherwise I would have seen them.

I like this band, I need MOAR!

Yes on LK, and you missed a great show.
Quote by Guitarmike123
It was great, it had a really weird atmosphere that I haven't experienced earlier at a metal gig.

Yes on LK, and you missed a great show.

Meh... Maybe next time...
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Yeah, though it's great that they finally realized that people in Luleå actually listen to metal as well as E-type or Lars Winterdäck. First Entombed, now Cult of Luna. Maybe we'll get something really good next time.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Yeah, though it's great that they finally realized that people in Luleå actually listen to metal as well as E-type or Lars Winterdäck. First Entombed, now Cult of Luna. Maybe we'll get something really good next time.

Yeah... I mean, if Cult of Luna came, it wouldn't be too much to ask to get like, I don't know, Meshuggah or something. But whatever, if it's good I don't care which band it is. I've started looking a bit more inot the local scene, and I can't say I'm disappointed.

An Abstract Illusion
CoL are awesome, and Eternal Kingdom is easily one of my favourite albums of 2008.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Just got Eternal Kingdom today, I can't believe I didn't check these guys out sooner. Really great, atmospheric sludge metal.
I yam what I yam