Anybody got any tips on playing "No One Knows" by Queens of the Stone Age? I looked up the tab and I can play it alright, but I can't get it to sound *just* right.

Thanks
what do you need help with?,,,oyu just gotta be able to use your pinky and be able to move your fingers fast enough,its not that hard to play...and for sound since its downtuned,down tune to the tuning,and just use some distortion not heavy but not weak,ill put a clip of what i use when i play it,so you can maybe get a good idea of how to get a similar sound
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Thanks for helping. I play it in C standard. Do you hold the octave C barre chord (9th fret) while doing the little lead part in the main riff? I've almost got it, but I think I should have been a bassist, lol. I have trouble getting that nice, dry sound, too. But I'm playing it through my 10 watt Ibanez practice amp right now. My stack's in the practice space an hour away, so........
-------------
Fender Jaguar Special HH
Galveston Hollow Body Arch Top Electric Guitar
Delta Nashville TN LP Copy
Dean Acoustic
1969 Fender Bassman Amp
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EH Small Stone Phaser
and wrong forum btw
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
^ Yea, I am having a problem with a riff in a cover song. This forum is listed as cover songs, riffs recordings,blah blah blah. If I learned No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age well enough to play it live with my band, since I didn't write the song, it would be a cover song. So explain to me how I am in the wrong forum.
-------------
Fender Jaguar Special HH
Dean Acoustic
1969 Fender Bassman Amp
EH Small Stone Phaser
Some people, like punkMETALskater, above are nice enough to try to help me...are you just looking for someone to bash?
-------------
Fender Jaguar Special HH
Dean Acoustic
1969 Fender Bassman Amp
EH Small Stone Phaser
who cares if he in the wrong forum,its about a cover song,let it be,no use in bitchin,b/c hes not gonna switch it now,but im workin on gettin a new mic,my last one was a cheap computer mic,for like 4 bux,i dont have a lot of cash so the next one will prolly be a computer mic,just a better one,but once i do,ill upload the song,and you can tell me which part you are having problems on.
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
How am I in the wrong freaking forum? Like I said in a post in a different forum, about Desert Rock, this place is full of elitist buttholes with no open mind. It's all Steve Vai and Joe Satriani, never the Cobains, Grohls, or Hommes.
-------------
Fender Jaguar Special HH
Dean Acoustic
1969 Fender Bassman Amp
EH Small Stone Phaser