Quote by ScummerVacation
Thats pretty cool. It's not like it was THE bass he used though ya know? It would be different if you where buying No# 1 from Stevie Ray Vaughan, or even Randy Rhoads black and white polka dot, but this is probably just one of many guitars Robert Quine owned.

Considering a Jazz Bass is about 600 bucks, youre paying that extra 4 to own a little piece of history. If its worth it.

I don't know if it's American, because if it is, then it wouldn't be a bad price.
It looks great, but I don't know if it's worth a thousand dollars to buy a guitar player's bass.
Something to bear in mind, before purchasing it....

While owning one of Robert Quine's guitars would be cool, Quine didn't play bass in the Voidoids, Richard Hell did.
I've only heard of Quine playing bass with Judah Bauer from Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (who I think suck).

You might be able to clone Quine from any DNA left on the strings, so...there's always that.

Essentially though, while you'd still have the "bragging rights" of owning one of Quine's guitars, it would also be a bit like saying "I own Eric Bloom's cowbell".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfj_VyYr4Y8

MORE COWBELL !!!
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
^ooo you're dark...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Alright, he emailed back, it's American, so it would be $1,179.99 new. I'm gonna see if I can talk him down, and if I can, I'm borrowing about $600 of a bunch of friends, if I can. I'm gonna have to start working more to pay for this.
Quote by whyvern
Does he trade for zines?

Trading zines for a bass guitar kind of defeats the point of a zine.

Zines shouldn't be worth anything. They only reason they cost at all is for printing costs, and maybe for a tad of profit *cough* mark p.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Trading zines for a bass guitar kind of defeats the point of a zine.

Zines shouldn't be worth anything. They only reason they cost at all is for printing costs, and maybe for a tad of profit *cough* mark p.

I traded a zine and a 7" for a guitar.

It was Spare Change #18 and The Onion Flavored Rings / Bitchin' 7" for this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SGSpecial-Electric-Guitar?sku=517239
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
hahaha...nice...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Not really. I got the zine for free... and the split isn't rare at all. It's a good sounding guitar. The girl I traded it for was totaly aware that it was an uneven trade. She wanted to get rid of her guitar and knew I'd use it more.

And they weren't vegetarians... they were vegans.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!