So tell me then. Who are your favorite Funk and Jazz artist? I really need to expand my musical taste.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Marcus Miller!!!!
Victor Wooten!!!
Jaco!!
Stanley Clarke!!

just to name a few
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
James Jamerson and Jaco Pastorius
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
A jazz favourite of mine is the guitarist martin taylor, it's more fusion. But it;s fine quality stuff.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
les claypool influenced me so much
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
T.M Stevens is worth a listen.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
For Jazz, you can't beat Mingus, Stanley Clarke, Paul Chambers (played with John Coltrane) and of course, Jaco.

For Funk, Larry Graham, Francis Rocco Prestia (Tower of Power), Bootsy Collins and George Porter, Jr (The Meters)
marcus miller, bootsy collins
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
your only gonna find something inspirational if you hear and and really go "wow, thats what i want to do!"

fusions did that for me. i friggin love jazz fusion. Bela Felck & the Flecktones, Weather Report, Return to Forver, Greyboy Allstars, Soulive, Phish (i consider phish as a latin, jazz, rock fusion group) and jazz mandolin project.

classic jazz like bop and cool can be a bit hard to follow and really like, maybe fusion is more up your alley.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
How has Victor Wooten only been mentioned once??

Victor Wooten is the shit. Listen to some of him
Quote by anarkee
For Jazz, you can't beat Mingus, Stanley Clarke, Paul Chambers (played with John Coltrane) and of course, Jaco.

For Funk, Larry Graham, Francis Rocco Prestia (Tower of Power), Bootsy Collins and George Porter, Jr (The Meters)

Don't forget Paul Chambers played with Miles Davis too.
It was funny, in one of Paul Chambers CD's the booklet had some quote in it saying Paul Chambers was a b**** because he was too good.
Check out the Mahavishnu Orchestra.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech