how do i speed up my chord progressions? dont even bother saying practice... ive been playing guitar off and on for almost 10 years. yeah yeah, i can see the "u just suck then" comments coming a mile away... maybe im using bad technique? or fingers not strong enough? im trying to play "for whom the bell tolls" and theres a part in the beginning where u gotta plays 6 different chords each one time at a pretty good pace... i can do it but it doesnt really sound "smooth". is there like a lesson that helps speed up chord progressions? or do i just suck? ha.
The thing I tell all my students is what I'm going to tell you.

Sorry, but it's just practice. Playing "on and off for ten years" means nothing. All that means is you haven't done it enough. Smoothness comes with having the chords so ingrained in your muscle memory that they just slide in without any effort at all. Your fingers will get stronger, and you'll learn the positioning.
no
just keep practicing...it'll work eventually

haha
i feel weird telling that to a guy that played for 10 years...
no offense

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i played it off and on for 10 years but i never was really serious about it. i played it casually. i would play easy stuff like offspring, green day, blink 182, etc. im trying to play old school metallica. i can play seek and destroy and maybe a couple of other songs but almost all the songs on master of puppets is ridiculous!! thats my favorite album so im trying to step up my playing abilities so i can do it too!
Yeah, just play more. Chord changes come slowly at first, but more likely than not you'll just wake up one day and be flying around the board.
no
Quote by Ryank285
i played it off and on for 10 years but i never was really serious about it. i played it casually. i would play easy stuff like offspring, green day, blink 182, etc. im trying to play old school metallica. i can play seek and destroy and maybe a couple of other songs but almost all the songs on master of puppets is ridiculous!! thats my favorite album so im trying to step up my playing abilities so i can do it too!

ok that kinda explains it...

as i said...practice!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009