Page 3 of 618
Quote by masterofmuppets
Tankard. Now there's a band that are under-rated, I can respect any band that can sing about beer and partying for 20 years. Thrash and alcohol go hand in hand.

This can not go unseconded. I love Tankard and even though they've never really had outstranding/groundbreaking material, they've always had some good straightforward thrash fun to headbang to. And like you said, gotta have respect for a band that's been singing about the essentials of life for 20 years.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by The Casualty
Heathen?

Haven't heard much from them, but what I did was decent.

Overkill and Metal Church aren't a bad choice to check out either.

OOH!!
Mother fucking Sarcófago(thank morbid_death for that one).

This one knows whats up.

I've been wondering, what does everyone class recent Slayer as?
Dickless.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
lol you mean crossover?

nah man THRASHCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
i prefer blackcore though......

My sig is better than yours
Lol, whats next, Powercore? Doomcore? Metalcorecore?
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Funeral Doomcore would kickass

anyways, suggest me some good thrash songs that sound good when played with just guitar, in the lines of Kreator, Megadeth and so on
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

^Whats that, untrue nazis?

"Hit jews (but don't kill them...)"
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Lol, whats next, Powercore?, Doomcore? Metalcorecore?

There's a band here, and they call themselves Powercore.
haha, Empyrean Sky call themselves Stormcore

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=6645115
"With styles ranging from classical to jazz, blues to rock, power to prog, thrash to death metal, and everywhere in between, each member contributes influences that shape and mold what they call "Storm Core." Picture Shakespeare writing songs with Shadow's Fall, Iced Earth, Opeth, and Exodus with symphonic accompaniment."

Amazing band none the less, but I'd just call 'em progressive melodeath

anyways this is getting kinda off-topic...
I'm still holding out: "suggest me some good thrash songs that sound good when played with just guitar, in the lines of Kreator, Megadeth and so on"

I'd seriously appreciate it if someone could give some good thrash albums... I listened to Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Pantera--I don't really think they're thrash--, Trivium--the Crusade sucked...---, and that's about it.. I guess that makes me a noob, but I listened to some Sodom using youtube like a minute ago and they kicked ass.. what album should I get from them and give some more great bands...
For Sodom, get Agent Orange and Persecution Mania.

Other great thrash bands:

Destruction
Kreator
Tankard
Holy Moses
Temple of the Absurd
Whiplash
Hateful Agony
Hobbs' Angel of Death
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by Kepulix
Funeral Doomcore would kickass

anyways, suggest me some good thrash songs that sound good when played with just guitar, in the lines of Kreator, Megadeth and so on

Kreator and Megadeth are really opposites, but you can try:

Stone
Blood Feast
Hydra-Vein
Death Power
Quote by towk667
I'd seriously appreciate it if someone could give some good thrash albums... I listened to Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Pantera--I don't really think they're thrash--, Trivium--the Crusade sucked...---, and that's about it.. I guess that makes me a noob, but I listened to some Sodom using youtube like a minute ago and they kicked ass.. what album should I get from them and give some more great bands...

Sodom - Agent Orange, Better Off Dead

also, noobish stuff:

Exodus, Dark Angel, Blind Illusion, Holy Moses, Destruction, Morbid Saint, Kreator, Heathen, Holy Terror, etc
Quote by chemicalsolutio
Kreator and Megadeth are really opposites, but you can try:

Stone
Blood Feast
Hydra-Vein
Death Power

I know they are, but I didn't ask for band recommendations I just want single songs that I can play on my own while not sounding repetitive and boring
and I think Megadeth and Kreator has those kinda songs, just not sure which ones I should learn

oh and every single one who calls themselves a thrash metal fan should check out Stone!!

Well I can't help you then for I don't really play metal guitar songs and would be hard for me to judge.

And yeah, Stone kicks ass. \m/ No Anaesthesia \m/

And I really have to check the new Megadeth album, I was really pleased with the system has failed.
Anyone heard the band Evildead? I got their record Annihilation of Civilization, and it owns! First rate thrash, technical and pissed off sounding.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by Embodiment
@ The Casualty: Thanks, I'll try Overkill. I listen to Metal Church and Sarcófago already.
@ SorrowIsMe: What the hell?

Fine if you guys say so...I fail at trash anyhow. King Diamond is mentioned as 'trash metal' a lot though.

Id recommend NOrma Jean...maybe thats getting a bit to chatoic tohh..so...try...hmm..
LAMB OF ****ING GOD
umm

id say try out
at the gates
theyre good
I've listened to some annihhilator for the first time , they're although a little cheesy.
my favorite thrash bands would haev to be Megadeth, Exodus, Anthrax, Testament, and Slayer
any suggestions?
Quote by guitar_freak_20
Id recommend NOrma Jean...maybe thats getting a bit to chatoic tohh..so...try...hmm..
LAMB OF ****ING GOD
umm

id say try out
at the gates
theyre good

Gtfo.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by guitar_freak_20
LAMB OF ****ING GOD
umm

id say try out
at the gates
theyre good

Get off the metal forum plz? kthx.

Quote by im_hungry
I've listened to some annihhilator for the first time , they're although a little cheesy.

Which album? The best albums they have are:

Alice In Hell
Never, Neverland
Refresh The Demon
Set The World On Fire
(IMO)

The newer material isn't that spectacular. I hate Carnival Diablos, dislike All For You and not keen on Schizo Deluxe.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Mar 4, 2007,
I'm listening to Alice in Hell now.

It's so awesomely awesome. I'll be seeing them next month with Gojira supporting that unmentionable group of half-metal fuckwits.

I'll be listening to Never, Neverland next I reckons.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve

It's so awesomely awesome. I'll be seeing them next month with Gojira supporting that unmentionable group of half-metal fuckwits.

Thats a fookin disgrace, that is. How the shite can they be allowed to even share a bill with Annihilator??
Quote by Dyer's Eve

Dude, till now I haven't given Annihilator a standing chance, this stuff is great! Tech Thrash and jeff waters FTW!!!

(btw, w/e happened to the 'guess that metal tab threah'? that was always fun to check out(though I sucked lol))
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Quote by charvel_man
Get off the metal forum plz? kthx.

I think it would be better to educate him about the genres, rather than insult him.
Alone in the dark, where the demons are torturing me,
The dark passages of revenge is all that I seek...
Quote by Dyer's Eve

Gojira are on that tour now?

hmmmm, I might pop down to the ole student union seeing as they cancelled their last gig here.
^Yeah, I was quite surprised when I was told about it.

At least I won't be paying to just see Annihilator do a support slot. I get to see two bands before I abandon the venue in favour of some leisurely boozing.

And i'm glad your Student Union gets decent shows like that. We just got celebrity visits from C-List celebrities.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
Best Thrash Bands (no particular order):
Metallica
Testament
Forbidden
Heathen
Exodus
Megadeth
Overkill
Slayer

Mine is more like (also in no particular order):
Kreator
Coroner *drools*
Toxik
Hirax
Judas Priest
Sodom
Sadus
Megadeth
Razor
Quote by AzureNight
Anyone heard the band Evildead? I got their record Annihilation of Civilization, and it owns! First rate thrash, technical and pissed off sounding.

Annihilation of Civilization is the only album I have from them and it kicks ass. This is typical of 80's thrash with lots and lots of attitude, the way it should be. And the riffs kick ass with good intensity.

Definitely a band to check for all thrasheads.
Quote by mstrchief138
my favorite thrash bands would haev to be Megadeth, Exodus, Anthrax, Testament, and Slayer
any suggestions?

Artillery
Hirax
Mekong Delta
Annihilator (Alice in hell or Never Neverland)
Deathrow
Dark Angel
I can't stand Sadus. Only good song I've heard from them is Images. Digiorgio is awesome and everything, but they are just boring...

Plus, I would like to hear people's thoughts about Megadeth's new songs. Haven't heard Sleepwalker yet, but Washington is Next is awesome. Gears of War is pretty weak though...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Sleepwalker and Washington... are both great tracks. I didn't care for Gears of War all that much. I think Dave is starting to use a lot of recycled riffs; I still have high hopes for United Abominations though, as I was pleasantly pleased with The System has Failed.

I know where you're coming from when you refer to Sadus as boring. It took me years to really get into them, and even still, I'm only keen on their first two albums, the rest are rather monotonous and it's like I heard it all before with other bands. Still, "Illusions" and "Swallowed In Black" are more than enough for me to consider them one of my favorites. They're no Coroner or Toxik, but they're something.