Page 4 of 618
Oh, I didn't mean they were generic in the least. They're quite unique for a thrash band, and if they had slightly heavier vocals, I would think they would belong more in the tech death section of the metal spectrum. It's just that I can't seems to get into them.

And indeed, Coroner are quite a band to top, thrash-wise.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
I can't stand Sadus. Only good song I've heard from them is Images. Digiorgio is awesome and everything, but they are just boring...

Plus, I would like to hear people's thoughts about Megadeth's new songs. Haven't heard Sleepwalker yet, but Washington is Next is awesome. Gears of War is pretty weak though...

Sleepwalker is a great song , sounds alot like good mourning/black friday.
Anybody hear about the new Annihilator album "Metal" coming out this year? I actually can't wait, it features loads of guest musicians (Jeff Loomis, Jesper Stromblad, Michael Amott...) and Jeff says it sounds like the first four Annihilator albums. I have high hopes.
On the Megadeth topic, I have only heard Sleepwalker and thought it was a good song with catchy melodies. I do think the new album will be good and it will definitelybe in the same vein as The Syste as Failed, with which I was pleased.

As for Sadus, I do think that the 2 first albums are a good listen, i wouldn't consider them as boring, but not as one of the best thrash metal bands out there (reason why they never really pierced in thethrash world more than they are today)

As for the new Annihilator, calling it Metal is....hmmmm, well I'll just wait and hear before judging on the past albums made. Bt I really do hope that Jeff is right in saying that is sounds like old stuff.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by masterofmuppets
Anybody hear about the new Annihilator album "Metal" coming out this year? I actually can't wait, it features loads of guest musicians (Jeff Loomis, Jesper Stromblad, Michael Amott...) and Jeff says it sounds like the first four Annihilator albums. I have high hopes.

I seriously hope they drop the way-too-heavily overdubbed vocals they had on Schizo Delux. It really brought me off from buying it...But Jeff Loomis is awesome so yeah...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Washington's Next is by far the best of the 3 so far released songs. The other two are good, but Washington's next takes the cake.

New Annihilator album? Hell yes.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
If 'Metal' is going to be like the first 4 Annihilator albums, it should be very good quality music. But I'm still thinking that it will end up sounding like another Schizo Deluxe or All For You.

Also, who are the members of Annihilator's touring band. They have Jeff and Dave, but no Russ, Kuran (I don't think) or Mike. Anyone like to enlighten me please?
NOPE.
Anybody who knows Laaz Rockit?
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
Sepultura is awesome.
Sucks when Max left, but Green is pretty good.
I only have Chaos A.D.
Quote by TheHaunted

i know them and i also had an album but i lost it somewhere
Quote by glm
Sepultura is awesome.
Sucks when Max left, but Green is pretty good.
I only have Chaos A.D.

Get Arise and Beneath the Remains, they own the shit out of Chaos AD.
i thought lamb of god was under the subcatagory "thrash metal" am i wrong?
is it not considered metal?
Quote by dead-fish

Everybody knows it's Coma of Souls...

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by stagshelm
i thought lamb of god was under the subcatagory "thrash metal" am i wrong?
is it not considered metal?

not really,... they are considered metalcore generally and are discussed in the hardcore/metalcore forum. However, they are probably the closest to metal out of that hybrid.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
OMGOMGOMG The new Annihilator album leaked, and...

Not as great as I had hopes for. The songs which stood out for me were: Clown Parade, Chasing the High, Smothered, Detonation (it did kind of sound like Trivium's Detonation) and Downright Dominate. The most thrashy and heavy song was Chasing The High (William Adler - L.O.G). That's my overall view. You might think different. Meh.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Mar 10, 2007,
Was the Loomis track any good? Basically my only interest in that album...
Loomis' track is Clown Parade, and it was quite cool. The solos in it I thought were awesome as ****.
NOPE.
The Haunted Anyone ?

Listening alot to them lately ,rEVOLVEr is pretty great ! and quite fun to learn .

My pick is "All Against All"
Wolv
Quote by Thedarkwolf
The Haunted Anyone ?

*dundun-dun-dun. dundundundun-dun-dundun. Dundun...* BURY YOUR DEAD!
Quote by im_hungry
What media player should i use to play it ? Itunes isn't working

Media Player should do the job. idk
NOPE.
Quote by TheHaunted

...me

I haven't listened to them in a while, but I do dig their style even though they're not in my fav thrash bands. They have some heavy metal influences, but not too much. They have some catchy airs and vocals are also interesting/captivating (reminds me of King Diamond at times).

I've only heard Know your Enemy and No Stranger to Danger. I should get around to listen the others. And apparently they are back together and going to release an album.
Quote by The Casualty
ghey

I call them gayer.
On topic, what's the worst thrash band?
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
^That's tough...
I'd say Exhorder. Whoever said Pantera's Cowboys From Hell is Exhorder only with good songs really nailed it.
Quote by mr kipling
I call them gayer.

There are a lot, but I usually just forget about them.

Anyway, to those interested, here are some thrash albums out/to be released:

Annihilator - Metal (Apr 2007)
Blessed Death - Hour of Pain (recorded in 1991, released in 2006)
Hirax - Assasins of War EP (Feb 2007)
Megadeth - United Abominations (May 2007)
Mortal Sin - An Absence of Faith (2007)
Onslaught - Killing Peace (Mar 2007)
Schizo - Cicatriz Black (Mar 2007)
Quote by mr kipling
I call them gayer.

Trivium
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Kepulix
Trivium

Here we go. I've never heard of Exhorder though, any reccomendations (if any)?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
^did you realize were talking about the WORST?
and then you're asking recommends lol

Quote by Your41Plague12

Great band, shame they were so short lived.

The Law, and Slaughter In the Vatican.
Quote by Your41Plague12

Exhorder is not such a great band. They may have been influencial, but their music is ordinary. The Law is painful to get through and Slaughter at The Vatican even though much better still isn't extremely memorable. There are some good riffs/songs on it, but...
exhorder in 2 words SUCK ASS!
AND HOW COME NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN A THRASH COLUMN HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TESTAMENT!!!! they are among the greatest thrash bands of all time.
boo to you all
dude lay down on the caps lock

and the testament thing...they have been talked about too much

btw Testament =/= among the greatest thrash band of all time
Honestly, Testament are overhyped. They have awesome tunes, but they really don't bring anything new to the table, and in one of the metal genres that can become very repetitive, that isn't very good...
it's the use of cleans/acoustics and Alex Skolnick's leads that make Testament stand out imo

Yeah dead-fish I don't agree with you. Testament are an excellent band, and if you get bored of listening to thrash metal, your simply not doing it right. Try riding an engine powered unicycle through the Manhattan subway system while shouting your disgust for new yorkers and their ignorant city-slicker attitude whilst listening to some Annihilator.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Quote by dead-fish
Honestly, Testament are overhyped. They have awesome tunes, but they really don't bring anything new to the table, and in one of the metal genres that can become very repetitive, that isn't very good...

You probably haven't heard much thrash if you think they never brought anything new. Testament has a unique sound, you could point them out of the 46514376x other thrash bands easily.

They have unique and great songs with killer riffs, catchy melodies and godly chorus'.

\m/ Alone in the Dark \m/