Page 5 of 618
To Americanhoser: I never said they weren't excellent, and may god strike me down if I do. Like I said, they have great songs, and they are a band I respect very much, but they just aren't very original, IMO.
And since quite a few of my favorite bands are thrash metal, thne no, I'm not getting bored myself of it.

To chemical: I think I should rephrase myself: The Legacy was original, everything else was various forms of The Legacy. I have heard a good amount of thrash to know that The Legacy wasn't all that original either.
Again, regardless of all this, they are still awesome.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by chemicalsolutio
I am God......I strike you down.

*tell me if it worked*

Nope, still here...But my hand hurts for no apparent reason...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Last edited by dead-fish at Mar 14, 2007,
Quote by dead-fish
Honestly, Testament are overhyped. They have awesome tunes, but they really don't bring anything new to the table, and in one of the metal genres that can become very repetitive, that isn't very good...

Hmmm...

Musically, I beg to differ. Blasting The New Order last night for the entirety of a 40 minute drive gave me time to examine the album. They have some great riffs, some excellent leads (although Alex uses the same sweep pattern I don't know how many times on that album), and some excellent vocal lines.

Skolnick's love of the sweep was new at a time when you only really heard sweep solo stuff when a lead guitarist did a little show off in the middle of a set. I can't think of any other (thrash) band that released an album with as many highly energised sweep solos as Testament pre-1990.

I find Testament almost too fast to headbang to sometimes as well .
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by dead-fish
Honestly, Testament are overhyped. They have awesome tunes, but they really don't bring anything new to the table, and in one of the metal genres that can become very repetitive, that isn't very good...

Testament = one of my top favorite Thrash band.
Quote by dead-fish
Nope, still here...But my hand hurts for no apparent reason...

The picking hand is usually the first to fall off when god deals out punishment for crimes against Testament...
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Rofl, I don't hate Testament! They're a great band, they got kickass songs, Chuck Billy is awesome and all that stuff, but they just aren't original! They are good thrash done by the book which was written before them.
Quote by lilrocknroller
Metallica Is My Fav Thrash Metal Band Or Slayer

I've listened to Slayer, and they didn't really do much for me... I felt like Reign In Blood was a waste of $20 for me.

Quote by Tehzekester
Quote by lilrocknroller
Metallica Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before The Black Album, yes they did.

They still rocked after the Black Album, it's just that you don't like anything that they've done after it.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Metal Holocaust
Slayer's best ****ing thrash metal band in the world!

Lots of thrash bands > Slayer IMO.

Quote by SGRocker0791
This be true, but Slayer do pwn.

I suppose, I just never really thought much of them.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Mar 14, 2007,
I thought that they were pointless noise when I heard em... The riff in Raining Blood was cool, but outside of that, they really aren't that good. It takes more to have good music than just musicians who have a good technical amount of ability. The songs you write have to be more than just how fast you can play.

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
True, but alot of Slayer's riffs are very innovative. I gave them a second chance months ago and was happy I did. And no everything after And Justice for all did not rock.... in fact... I have next to no respect for anything metallica has released in the last 18 years.
Quote by Timothy Leary

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
No, it depends on your musical tastes. I hate Slayer, but that doesn't mean that they don't rock. That just means that I dislike them. There are different meanings to the word rock.

i thought reign in blood was pretty lame except for angel of death and raining blood, give them a chance and get seasons in the abyss and south of heaven. \m/
Yeah south of heaven is indeed worth a listen, and Load is not. See the reasoning? Especially since your in the thrash metal thread of the metal forum. Go to the Nu-metal and or Pop,punk, emo ska forum if you want to chat about post-Justice metallica.
If you want to listen to some thrash metal, take a listen to some Testament, Annihilator, Death Angel, Exodus, or Iced Earth.
Quote by Timothy Leary

Actually, thrash is just what is discussed most the thread is titled Metal, not Thrash Metal.

Slayer do (did) what they do (did) well.

Which was make heavy, aggressive, in your face thrash.

Many people can't seem to grasp this.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by kirkisking
Slayer do (did) what they do (did) well.

Which was make heavy, aggressive, in your face thrash.

Many people can't seem to grasp this.

N0 waYZ dUdE KIRk kING SUCKES!!!
My sig is better than yours
Quote by Americanhoser
Yeah south of heaven is indeed worth a listen, and Load is not. See the reasoning?

No I don't actually.

Quote by Americanhoser
Go to the Nu-metal and or Pop,punk, emo ska forum if you want to chat about post-Justice metallica.

Nothing they have ever done fits in those categories, not even St. Anger.

Stop being an idiot.

As for Slayer, they're good at kicking-ass, which is what matters, regardless of whether 'LYK KERIKING IZ SUXOR, DUNT EVENS PLAY PROPA SOLOS OR NETHING". The Slayer-ragging has almost become as bad as the Dragonforce-ragging around here.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
ya...the solos are pretty morbid for the most part and fit the songs well
My sig is better than yours
Quote by The Casualty
Never, Neverland - Annihilator

That album is sick as hell.

+1000 but i prefer Alice in Hell but Never, Neverland is still ownage

Quote by Americanhoser
If you want to listen to some thrash metal, take a listen to some Testament, Annihilator, Death Angel, Exodus, or Iced Earth.

Lol @ Iced Earth being thrash

Kreator is the greatest thrash band of all time. Pleasure to Kill is the purest form of Thrash imo

I suppose Possessed also qualify as a thrash band (?) SEVEN CHURCHES!

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Last edited by sevenchurches at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by sevenchurches

Lol @ Iced Earth being thrash

You laugh but they are more thrash than power...hell blind guardian are catagorized as Power/Speed/Thrash....

Actually, thrash is just what is discussed most the thread is titled Metal, not Thrash Metal.

*looks at title of thread, pulls head back and laughs*
Quote by Timothy Leary

Last edited by Americanhoser at Mar 15, 2007,
Oooh, meant to say forum, not thrash. Forgot where I was for a second

I see a lot of love for Kreator here. I could hug you all.

About the Slayer topic, I'm not a very big fan, and I don't think that the slagging on them is in any way overdone, but I do think that the reasons for the slagging are wrong.
Kerry's solo's almost always fit the song, and I'd rather have a solo that sounds well in the song, even if it's random notes at the speed of light, than have some sort of Malmsteen play some melodic solo which doesn't belong in any way to the song.

Quote by sevenchurches
I suppose Possessed also qualify as a thrash band (?) SEVEN CHURCHES!

I think it was decided in the last thread that borderline thrash/death/black bands (Possessed, Bathory, Celtic Frost, etc.) weren't discussed here. Not sure though...
Last edited by dead-fish at Mar 15, 2007,
Best thrash lead/rhythm combo

Mustaine and friedman followed by peterson/skolnick for me.
Quote by im_hungry
Best thrash lead/rhythm combo

Mustaine and friedman followed by peterson/skolnick for me.

Skolnick & Peterson is my favourite
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

i Like testement even if the singer/ guitarist sounds like and looks like araya
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Quote by wintee_madness
i Like testement even if the singer/ guitarist sounds like and looks like araya

Testement? Chuck Billy guitarist?

wtf
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

new demiricous album coming out this year too

also, someone was talkign about the haunted, im seeing them saturday with into eternity, scar symmetry and dark tranquility.not sure how 'thrash' that is, but i figrued id throw it out there.

and i saw destruction (also with into eternity) beginning of feb...thrash till death!
Destruction were my cherry-poppers show-wise. They kicked so much ass, it was unbelieveable. My only regret is that I didn't take time to get a bit more familiar with them back then...
Quote by Kepulix
Testement? Chuck Billy guitarist?

wtf

Testement , real ballsy thrash (get it harharhar)