I was just browsing the Ibanez site and noticed that Ibanez have been innovative enough release a new series named ATK. It looks like a cheap Wal. Paul Grey from slipknot has a signature one (It looks decent), but i want to know what people think of this new series. I know there a more than a few ibanez fans out there, so let's heaer what we all have to think.

Just incase you're not familiar with Wal basses: www.walbasses.com
If you haven't heard a Wal before, Justin Chancellor from Tool uses Wal.
Quote by archangels666

Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day: "When the world gets in my face, I say: 'Have a nice day.'"

Way to stick it to the world, Bon Jovi.

Quote by primusfan
menthol condoms to give it a tingly sensation, eh? thank god they finally found a way to make sex feel good.
My first thought was ugly =/
Though I am a fan of Ibanez, I'm not of this.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Wal basses are the most immaculate creations ever. I'd give my right pinky toe to own one. They're currently out of production, and they were freaking expensive before they were discontinued anyways. They are the most beautiful looking, and sounding basses ever.
The ATK isn't really new, it's just being re-issued. And comparing it to a Wal because of the general shape is pointless, they have different design philosophies, tone, price points, etc.

The ATK is a great bass, although I personally don't know if I'd buy one of the new ones. The tone is too mellow for me.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by Bumper
Wal basses are the most immaculate creations ever. I'd give my right pinky toe to own one. They're currently out of production, and they were freaking expensive before they were discontinued anyways. They are the most beautiful looking, and sounding basses ever.

the wiki says otherwise:

but, then again, it is wikipedia, and people changing the "Harry Potter" article to reroute it to "penis" is all that uncommon either.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
^Whats the wiki say? Wal aren't the most awesome basses ever? Yeah right....there goes wikis credibility.
ATKs have been around for years - they were discontinued in 1994 or 1995 I think. Wals are as good as basses get, IMO. I love Scott Reeder's tone he got from his ATKs in Kyuss.
Quote by Bumper
^Whats the wiki say? Wal aren't the most awesome basses ever? Yeah right....there goes wikis credibility.

Actually I looked at wikis page on Wals and it was talking about how rare and godly they are. Oh and a list of noticable users, Flea was on it for using one during bloodsugarsexmagik
ATKs dont look a thing like the Wals

i dont really like the look of the wals, ATKs look awesome though
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I think those ATK's look like hell. I think it's the worst looking Ibanez, and that's saying something (I am NOT an Ibanez fan at all)!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I love Ibanez and most of their basses look asome, but the ATKs look so bad it sickens me.
Bass is my life.
I don't like Ibanez, but I can see a vague similarity between the two models. I think that's where the similarities end, though.
They are pretty much Musicman Clones. They sound great and they have the 3 way coil tapping switch like a Musicman Sterling. Oh and dont judge a book by its cover...
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Yeah, I want my bass to sound really great, but I still don't want it to look like a turd.
I played my teachers wal last week and it was the nicest bass i have EVER played. What i don't get is it just sits in his cupboard, he bought it in the early eighties, used it for a few years and switched back to his '79 p bass! I swear there is something wrong with him, his P has nothing on the wal.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Charlatan_001
Yeah, I want my bass to sound really great, but I still don't want it to look like a turd.

Just paint it pink and put some sparkle Oh, yeah, don't forget about a fluffy strap. That's class right there.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
My first thought was ugly =/
Though I am a fan of Ibanez, I'm not of this.

You only like basses by how they look?

And their all just natural.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.