Where i live, there really isnt any knowledge of Nirvana. I am really the only one that knows shit about them. Everyone only knows Kurt Cobain, but no one else. Yeah, he was the leader of the grundge movement, but they are drastically under-rated.

Nirvana is my all time favorite band. I just get tired of people not knowing a god damn thing about them. Of course they know so much about ****ing AC DC but what about Nirvana. i used to live in a bigger city but i moved to a smaller one in rural kansas. It sucks out here. I dont understand why i am the only one that knows anything about anytype of music.

I get tired of hearing rap and hip hop. What we need are more rock bands that can actually create their own music......all this new shit is just love songs over and over again....

I have done so many reports on music that have changed the world...and Nirvana is still the greatest influence of any other rock band......the rolling stones piss me off....i hate them......
i know practilly everything in the history of rock. From where it started to where it is now. The aspiring musicians need to know what they are carrying on into the future. If they end up being cookie-cutters of other muscians then there wont be anything for our children to grow up on.
We grew up on actual music......todays children are growing up on rap, hip hop and everything that is fake.

i know that i said alot, but i really just want people to see what i think. Anyone that likes Nirvana: be my friend. Along with anyone that agrees with me on anything. Im new here at Ultimate Guitar, but i already know that this is the site that ive been looking for.
Last edited by Voel at Feb 24, 2007,
so if ur reports have changed the world, how come i havn't heard of em, and why hasn't the world changed to ur liking if every1 has read these so called reports

p.s. shut the **** up
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
but never the less i do agree with you on todays music, its shit
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Nirvana is one of my all time favourite bands. I just hate how so many crappy emo bands and shit claim that Nirvana is their influence. It's saddening. Personally I don't know many people who like Nirvana I get the same thing everytime "they sound like the pixies".
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
"Where i live, there really isnt any knowledge of Nirvana. I am really the only one that knows shit about them. Everyone only knows Kurt Cobain, but no one else. Yeah, he was the leader of the grundge movement, but they are drastically under-rated."

What???

You ****ing idiot. Nirvana? underrate? Nirvana is one of the most mainstream, well known, and commercialized rock bands of all time and Kurt hated it all.

Personally, as a musician I just don't find them creative or progressive enough to satisfy me musically. Sure the lyrics are great and Kurt was a damn good song writer and wrote some incredibly emotional and heartfelt songs but every time I listen to anything come out of the mouth of Layne Staley it seems like twinkle twinkle little star in comparison. Of course I'm talking about Alice In Chains. AIC proved that there was more too grundge then a jumble of distorted 4 chord songs. Alice In Chains put so much into their work, so much passion. They had to write music to stay alive. Whenever I hear Layne's and Cantrell's voices singing such passionate lyrics it really emotionally opens me up.

"I get tired of hearing rap and hip hop. What we need are more rock bands that can actually create their own music......all this new shit is just love songs over and over again...."

Again, you prove your ignorance. There is much more to rap then what you hear on the radio. That shit doesn't even come close to the real, heartfelt poetry that rap is really about. Rappers such as Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, Talib Kweli and many others put much more creativity into their art just as much and maybe more than Nirvana, Alice in Chains...etc...

"I have done so many reports on music that have changed the world...and Nirvana is still the greatest influence of any other rock band......the rolling stones piss me off....i hate them......"

Without the Rolling Stones their is a chance that your precious Nirvana wouldn't even exist.

Don't get me wrong buddy, I love Nirvana and at one point in my life I was like you: In love with Nirvana/Kurt Cobain, Ignorant of other musical genres/artists, mad at non-nirvana fans....etc... Then I realized there is more to life than one band and started opening up my mind to different music.

The point is, indeed Nirvana was special but, man, there's much more to music than Kurt Cobain. You just gotta' open your eyes a little.
Quote by Voel
i know practilly everything in the history of rock.

Oh well...

*Closed*
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic