well yeah... i was raised in Bosnia for most of my life under a pretty well income home. I live there now, making good use of satellite TV (american is best IMO, local tv is all government bullshit) and the internet of course. Even though the war ended and most of the RS arent in power anymore this place still sucks.

Now,,,. im soon and at that time, i, government law, and my parents permits me to immigrate almost anywhere. Dont think its only because of the TV, but if i were to immigrate to america, what problems do you think id have? (i realize id have some but theyd be a far cry to how life is now. I really grew up on american culture from TV (you really dont go outside too much, maybe for school and sports w/ the kids whos parents arent Revivalists.)its either too cold or you run the risk of brushing with one of those RS revival psychos. I speak relatively smooth english, i type it alot better tho .

So i dont know... americans.. elaborate? Im really set on there because anywhere else but here and there id be completely at a loss for understanding the society. Since the JNA war started, we've had a side fund for starting new somewhere else, and right now its about 78,100 US currency... looking around the internet i dont think id afford anything too fancy, but it would be a enough to form a good base for my citizenship in my opinion. My moms a Serb and my dad was from the UK, so im really not that off on your stereotypical caucasion person. Ha i dont think i could do anything musically, for a while i was pretty good with a guitar, but i injured my left arm and it does alot to mess up my playing, so yeah im useless there.

yeah so thats it for now, i can make my decision in a few months...

btw... anyone wanna house a poor little bosnian child? Wheres a better place to live there? cheapest thanks
I dont know...

Lets talk about the weather!

Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Wait, I had an idea other than killing and skull fucking? What's up with me today...
Welcome to America buddy.

Life here is basically revolving around Bush Haters, iPods, and MTV.

America sucks.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by RB cam RB

America sucks.

dont forget the scene kids...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Well...

If you exclude our media culture and our political ideals, you'll like it. America isn't as bad of a place as teenagers put it out to be.

I think you'll like it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
It seems more a trend to complain of America. I've only visited though, so I guess I can't comment but I have many friends there. New York is great but expensive and the novelty wears off after a time I suppose. Central USA is more 'home' if you understand? More made for family living, cheaper than the great tourist places, I don't know what you're wanting but that's just my advice. Sorry I'm not great help.
Nicolle. Me. Got it?
Quote by x_rox
It seems more a trend to complain of America. I've only visited though, so I guess I can't comment but I have many friends there. New York is great but expensive and the novelty wears off after a time I suppose. Central USA is more 'home' if you understand? More made for family living, cheaper than the great tourist places, I don't know what you're wanting but that's just my advice. Sorry I'm not great help.

Yea you actually nailed it.

If you move to America, avoid big cities for many reasons.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by RB cam RB

America sucks.

Don't forget about every time Britney Spears moves we have to make it headline news media.

Where are you wanting to move to? I live in the midwest and its pretty different than a lot of the other areas in United States.
I would gladly welcome you here, but don't believe everything you see on TV about us, a lot of it is crap. We have problems just like everyone else, and most Americans aren't like what you see on TV, even on the news.

If you're coming, I recommend the South. (Florida, Georgia, Carolinas, Virginia)

Good luck dude, I really mean it.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by RB cam RB

America sucks.

Why would you tell him America sucks, did you even read his description of where he lives? I'm pretty sure he would pick Bush haters, Ipods, and MTV over a war stricken country any day.
Quote by sl1solo762

yeah so thats it for now, i can make my decision in a few months...

btw... anyone wanna house a poor little bosnian child? Wheres a better place to live there? cheapest thanks

Yea, I wouldn't mind housing people. My parents use to house Polish immigrants and now my grandmother who just recently moved here from Germany is living with us now. But I'm going to college so that wouldn't work out too well eh?
My uncle served as an MP in Bosnia there a few years back.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
we live in a nation of fear and are ignorant to the things we should truly be afraid of. we are also ignorant to just about everything else. we are loud, egotistical and selfish.

we like greasy foods and doing things as quickly as possible.

if you're after the american dream, then hell it's certainly the place to come.
A lot of Eastern/Southern Europeans tend to live in Pittsburgh/Chicago/Milawakee(sp?) and of course NYC.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Don't move near any major cities and you'll probably enjoy it.
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
Move to western Washington, nice weather (Rains a lot though) your not far from big cities, the mountains, ocean, and its just cool.
im not bashing states but just in case move to Canada just incase you get hurt you dont need to pay 5634576572657345635763457345.00$ for a cast and a lolipop. sides they have enough people as it is.
I'd rather live in America than in England. In America, dollars are cheap. I'm thinking of buying my dollars and investing in them. British £ is strong and it's so strong the housing cost of where I come from (Esher, London) averages at about £600K and it's only rising mate.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 24, 2007,
Quote by pokescab
Why America?

there are plenty of other english speaking countries with similar or superior living standards.

Canada? Australia? England?

LOL I like how you put the only original English speaking country last.

Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
i suggest it would be better if you considered other places than america. i wanted to go to america once, and pursue that 'american dream' of a musician when i could just live in a van and play random gigs here and there just to get that little money for gas and food.

well, its time to live in the 2007, not in the 1970, when it indeed was like that (i wish i lived then), but there's better places now than america imo.

it's a great place to visit, but there's probably better places to stay at.
Why is everyone telling him to avoid the cities? They're way more interesting. But it's true, they are more expensive. They're just way less boring.
Yep, the pop culture here sucks, which unfortunately is what the rest of the world sees of us, but if you move into a nice neighborhood then I think you'll really like it, most Americans take how much freedom they have for granted and just jump on the bush-hating bandwagon because the think they could have done a better job or some bullshit.
first you gotta get in line and a lot of people say its a pretty big line which is why mexicans are coming in illegal....umm...good luck?
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
I'd move to like a suburb of a big city if I were you. I live in Metro Atlanta and it's nice. Really nice. Low crime, nice people(pretty much), and I could seriously leave my doors unlocked and not worry about someone coming to my house and breaking in.

I second what the guy said about western Washington, though, it's an amazing place.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Vancouver, British Columbia. For the past few years the UN has said its the best city in the world to live in. Also there are a lot of Eastern Europeans in the suburbs, so that might help you get settled in quicker.

EDIT: If you really want to goto the US, then move to Seattle, Washington. Its a great place too.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
hmmmm well, while I like my home state of Maryland, housing is more expensive then a lot of other places, so I'd avoid it if I were you (even though Maryland is near a lot of major cities which you can commute to if you don't wanna live there).
lol, i DON'T recommend the south. its too hot lol. i live in pennsylvania (southwest part), out in the "country". cost of living isn't too high because it's not in a big city. i live on 34 acres (parents own it) and my grandpap owns 200 acres around it. there are other people around but we aren't all packed together like cities and i can crank my amp up if i want to.

oh and i have never seen a crazy revival person lol.

the weather is fine where i live also, doesn't get too hot and in the winter just put a coat on and you are fine. i love it where i live. (not bragging or anything i just like the area.

and if you decide to come, welcome to america!!! hope you enjoy your stay.

EDIT: we NEVER lock our doors, nothing has ever been stolen, my step dad leaves the keys in his truck all the time... there are no gangs.... area looks nice....
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Last edited by PlayTheMetal at Feb 24, 2007,
Quote by merkalos666
i'd say come to the midwest and settle somewhere in the chicago area.

thats where i live and im fine with it
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
I agree with living in the suburbs of a big city. I live in Louisville KY. Great city, not too big. And the suburbs are great. Nice people, very low crime (high crime near downtown though, especially homicide and robbery).

Check out Kentucky if you do decide to live in America.
my parents are pakistani immigrants and i think america would be a great place to come! My parents said that when they came hear everyone was nice to them and helped them out alot. But it also depends on where you move too. i suggest move to a nice small town that has alot of diversity. another good place would be Canada. the people there are alot nicer and accepting, plus, correct me if im wrong, dont you get money for haveing babies there?
Consider the Bay Area, California. San Francisco's (keep the ignorant gay bashing jokes to yourself please ) got the best people, and the weather is pretty decent. It doesn't get really hot, and it doesn't get really cold. Basically, it's the same all year round. I currently live in Nottingham, England for my one year abroad, and I gotta say, the Bay culture beats the English culture. Don't get me wrong, I'm having the time of my life here, but half the time I'm just realizing how much I appreciate California even more.

Although the world view on the actions of the US are steadily getting crappier, you gotta admit it's still one of the greatest places to live, despite our flaws.
You should move to Spain, you can get amazingly good value houses over there. You can get 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a swimming pool for about £150,000 in certain places.

You would probably get a small 2 roomed flat in London for that.

Plus most people can speak basic English over there