No not the roofing material. Yeah, the medical condition.

Well, I have it. Youngest person they've ever seen contract it they say. Apparently, it is caused by (and here's the ultimate irony, given my last thread): Stress.

Well, I'm pretty worried to say the least. It's uncomfortable to say the least, drains you of energy, and worse, can blind you. The latter is what I'm most worried about, obviously, and although they say that wont happen unless it shows up on your face (it showed up on my stomach and back), I'm still panicking. I can't imagine life without sight.

Has anyone had shingles? If so, what happened, and what did you do?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
what is it?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
hahaha shingles is just the grown version of the chicken pox

dont worry your doctor should give you a cream. just dont scratch it.
shoudl go away in maybe a few weeks at most.

hmmm mine was really mild though, just one on my shoulder... hurt like a bitch. it will go away with the cream. good luck not scratching it in your sleep :P
hey my mate did wen he was 13 or so, how old r u? its pretty bad ay but it aint like lethal or anything, just makes u crook coz of ur immune system! good luck!
- tommy
its more the eye thing I'm worried about. Apparently rubbing your eye (or anything) after touching the sores can transfer it. I didn't find out it was shingles until today, but my has been twitching lately, so I've been rubbing it a lot.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
my uncle has had it, not good, but you don't get it if you've had chicken pox so it's all cool for me
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Before clicking this thread I thought it'd be about singles... like those sluts on habbo with their "shingle pringle" messages. :\

Anyway...... Get better soon mate
Quote by Instrumetal
No not the roofing material. Yeah, the medical condition.

Well, I have it. Youngest person they've ever seen contract it they say. Apparently, it is caused by (and here's the ultimate irony, given my last thread): Stress.

Well, I'm pretty worried to say the least. It's uncomfortable to say the least, drains you of energy, and worse, can blind you. The latter is what I'm most worried about, obviously, and although they say that wont happen unless it shows up on your face (it showed up on my stomach and back), I'm still panicking. I can't imagine life without sight.

Has anyone had shingles? If so, what happened, and what did you do?

Haha I didn't know that. I was diagnosed with it a while ago, Must've been about 13/14 and I was like "oh well" as if it was a flu. If I knew it could make you blind I would've needed new pants.
Although in the end I didn't actually have it, wrong diagnose.
I had it and it would burn everytime i put on clothes or deodorant (had it under my arm and chest)
it sucks, burns like crazy
you'll get some prescriptions and it will go away like after a month
And i used to think they we're just ass warts.
Learn something new everyday.
Hope you get better soon.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Ah man that's lame, my friend just got over shingles and she's 14. How old are you anyway? Good luck to you dude.
NOPE.
Wow, I hope you get better. Here's a suggestion:

Wear sunglasses everywhere, so you can't rub your eyes. I know, it makes people look like douchebags, but if it's a choice between looking like a chav and bieng blind, I think that looks are something you can sacrifice temporalily
i got shingles when i was like 10.... does that make me the youngest person to ever have them?

I had little patches of bumps on my left half of my body yet they weren't anywhere else.

and as some people have said... the doctor said they were just a form of chicken pox *which i think i got from my sister because she had chickenpox like a month before i got them*

the doctor gave me some cream to put on them and they went away in like 3 weeks i think *i was only 10 years old*

they shouldn't be too bad... but i wouldn't scratch them or anything because i still have a scar on my belly from scratching them off when i didnt know what they were.

other than that they will go away.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"