well, the man was one of the greatest blues guitarists if you ask me. sloppy and bluesy riffs; a voice that was the coolest and feet that could stomp to any song....
leave my wife alone must be the most kickass song..ever.... discuss fellow blues lovers!!!
john lee's 'dimples' was the first blues record i ever heard, i guess he is responsible for my life long addiction to the blues.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
i don't really think he gets the appreciation he deserves......
He wasn't sloppy, he just played as he saw it. He was a very astute guitar player. He was one of those guys who knew exactly how to express whatever emotion he felt and distill it into song. He also has a vast back-catalogue of excellent music.

There's something very primal and real about John Lee Hooker.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
The man was a pioneer of boogie blues.
I disagree that he was sloppy, I think he had pretty good technique.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
He's awesome, listening to my dad's john lee hooker stuff got me into blues in the first place
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yup, he was awesome. Such groove! Did any of you know he was illiterate?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Boogie Chillen makes me want to pick up my guitar everytime I hear it. Everything about him is so honest and genuine.

Same here with 'Boom Boom'. What a groove.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Yup, he was awesome. Such groove! Did any of you know he was illiterate?

Illiterate as he couldn't read music, or he couldn't read period?
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
^^He couldn't read or write at all, apparently. Most of those blues guys couldn't read music, but he couldn't read anything
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.