So this is me playing The Godfather theme.
Please tell me what do you think about it. Please keep in mind that I only play 1 year and 6 months.
The intro is the version of slash, and after that it's improvisation.
And is it me or I'm turning into one of these "fast scale runners without emotion"? Do you think that it lacks emotion?
And yeah I know that I have some little mistakes in the intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxF6QIdIRC8
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

You seem to have quite good technique for playing 1,5 years but it still sounds like f u c k i n g s h i t, where's the melody dude?
Yeah I got busted so I used my one phonecall to dedicate a song for you on the radio - Jens Lekman
Yeah your falling into the trap slightly. The goal you have to keep in mind is the fact that playing fast is generally something to be used in the right moments to create the right feel. In my experience most of us guitarists get to caught up in wanting to shred all over the fretboard to try and show off our skills to everyone and prove that we can do it to ourselves rather than focusing on whether what we're playing actually fits the music perfectly.
If i were you id practise solo'ing over some music more slowly for a while, really work on your vibrato & maybe add in some faster runs to mix it up here and there but dont focus on them. Then just remember to make sure your faster runs are always very clean with every note ringing clearly, but really your main problem was when you were playing more slowly rather than when you were going faster.
Quote by Jonte_T
You seem to have quite good technique for playing 1,5 years but it still sounds like f u c k i n g s h i t, where's the melody dude?

Looks like in the fridge

Quote by JonnyTalent
Yeah your falling into the trap slightly. The goal you have to keep in mind is the fact that playing fast is generally something to be used in the right moments to create the right feel. In my experience most of us guitarists get to caught up in wanting to shred all over the fretboard to try and show off our skills to everyone and prove that we can do it to ourselves rather than focusing on whether what we're playing actually fits the music perfectly.
If i were you id practise solo'ing over some music more slowly for a while, really work on your vibrato & maybe add in some faster runs to mix it up here and there but dont focus on them. Then just remember to make sure your faster runs are always very clean with every note ringing clearly, but really your main problem was when you were playing more slowly rather than when you were going faster.

Yeah I'm gonna try. I like shred but I'd rather play like SRV than like batio.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||