So... a song. First in a while. I'd put it in a slighly depressed britrockfunkindie genre. Stone Roses, anyone? Keyword- singalongability

Critique for critique, you're gauranteed if you leave a link please

Enjoy

//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
warm my heart
don't you ever drop me out
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//

there's a ticket out of here
though it won't be with me
stay inside, read up on lies
try your hardest believe

people say there's a heaven in the sky
people say it's the most real paradise
people say we'll smile almost every day
people say it's the only way

though It won't be with me
feast on our lives and luxuries
drink up a glass of miseries

people say it's the only way to survive
to survive
to survive

//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
warm my heart
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//
Last edited by Jammydude44 at Feb 24, 2007,
Quote by Jammydude44
So... a song. First in a while. I'd put it in a slighly depressed britrockfunkindie genre. Stone Roses, anyone? Keyword- singalongability

Critique for critique, you're gauranteed if you leave a link please

Enjoy

//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
warm my heart
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//

i liked it till here

try your hardest believe

i like the repition it gives some sort of a feeel but maybe an alternation will make much more impact

ok if you want to keep the whole people say scheme
i have one suggestion try alteration in last line like

people say it's the real paradise // i edited most it hampered to flow a little bit atleast in melody i was tryimg to sing
people think it's there only way

but personally i dont like repetitions

i liked it

to survive
to survive

way to survive should be repeated instead of to survive and should be sung on one octave high

//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
warm my heart
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//

overall i liked it . i am srry id ont know what exactly is britrockfunkindie genre . so i made up my own melody and i crited song acording to that . but it sounded good in my head
Hi
//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
warm my heart
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//
((good stuff. so this is an intro? nifty. "into the sky" is a line i've heard a thousand times, but it works here))

try your hardest believe
((cool cool. the rhymes don't sound forced, almost sounds like a limerick what with the 4th line. : ) ))

((I don't get this stanza, but it sounds like it would play out well to music. i've noticed that in a lot of songs, there are sections that i don't get, but they turn out to be my fav. ))

(("luxuries" and "miseries" is a weird rhyme, but that's getting picky))

to survive
to survive
((so this is the chorus?))

//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
warm my heart
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//
((i'm glad you repeated this, it's my favorite part of this song. ))

Overall, it's a good good effort. I'd like to hear it set to music 'cause i feel like it would clear a few things up for me. thanks for the crit on my first piece, it helped a lot, and now i know why. : )

if you want to crit something of mine... well, you can't. i've posted my 2 for the week. sooo i guess just keep an eye out. thanks!
"people say there's a heaven in the sky
people say it's the only way"

I really don't like this stanza. The rhyming seemed too forced, and the repetition of "people" annoyed me.

I also don't like the repitition of kerosene in the first and last stanzas. The whole thing is a clever idea, though, just not carried out as good as it could be.

Mine's in my sig, if you don't mind.
Wade in the water, child.
//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
warm my heart
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//
droping out of sky is a bit overused, but its not bad here

try your hardest believe
idk, just me but i didnt like repeating of the first 2 lines

repeating the people say' 4 times was a bit annoying, but it works

to survive
to survive

//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
warm my heart
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//
hm, not much i can point out in this one, its good, i like how u use basicly the same verse, but change some lines in it, but some of the repeating i pointed out was slightly annoying, but not very. nice job, thx for the crit on mine, sorry mine wasnt as helpful
//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me
powered by your kerosene
The repetition of kerosene sort of bothers me. You don't have a similar structure set up between the two lines, it looks to me like you just have two lines that just happen to have kerosene in them. You have the similar structure with "Smile at me.... Come fly with me.", but then the other two lines are completely different. I suggest you rewrite one of the two lines for a similar structure, or just not use kerosene again. You may want to go the route of the latter if the former sounds way too repetitive and child-like to you. I don't know... whatever you think is best, man.
warm my heart
Hmm... I don't know if I exactly understand how you can drop someone out. Odd terminology. (Probably just me, if you could clarify. Thanks.)
don't you ever drop me
into the sky
into the sky//

try your hardest believe

I like this verse. The repetition of the first two lines add some nice emphasis. Great assonance on L4, it flows extremely well and is pretty subtle in my opinion.

Okay, this is probably the weakest stanza of the whole thing, IMO. The rhyming for the last two lines are way to simple for my tastes and it's pretty obvious from the previous verses you can write alot better than that. The repeating of people is a tad bit annoying, but I think if you were to change the verbs tacked to them, it may be a bit better. To me, claim would work alot better than say. I don't know.. I think it gets your point across better. Plus, you won't have the irritating, nursery rhyme (probably unintentional) of say and way in the last line that really just throws the whole thing off. Another thing, L2, is phrased really awkwardly. Who says 'the most real paradise'? Surely, there's another way you could say that. Most real is really odd sounding, in my opinion.

Because you said 'our lives' I think you should probably say 'your glass'. To me, it flows and fits in a bit better. (Just throwing this out there, but 'lives of luxuries' sounded better to me. Just a suggestion, though. It probably interferes with the message you're trying to get across... IDK. Whatever you think is best.)

to survive
to survive

Well, I suppose this could work. I like the repetition of 'to survive', see the similar stanzas comments.

//smile at me
as you swallow kerosene
come fly with me