I was listening to In Flames' Zombies Inc, the part where it goes all acoustic and the electric guitar kicks in smooth and all, and that part has to be one of the most melodic part I have ever heard.
I was wondering what were some good scales for melodic solos and tips and stuff.

Thanks
I think In Flames mix a lot of minor scales with pentatonic. Definately learn minor scales, maybe they add a few notes to make it more exotic but basically its just minor and pentatonic scales.
have u ever heard of children of bodom? look at some of their songs like needled 24/7 they r great at melodic stuff
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by deathmetalboy
have u ever heard of children of bodom? look at some of their songs like needled 24/7 they r great at melodic stuff

i have every album from them, but they don't get as melodic as In flames. They def are melodic, but only on a few selected songs, whereas in flames is ALWAYS melodic.
Stop discussing bands. The answer has already been given: In flames uses a lot of minor scales.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje