I want to start learning, are there any not to difficult shred songs out there?
My Gear:

American Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Elitist
Mexican Fender Strat
Ibanez RG350DX
Marshall MG250DFX amp

Quote by akm1020
how would u get a tuna in ur ibanez? any fish in any sort of guitar let alone a D tuna sounds bad
satch boogie or always with me always with you
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
"Ten Words" by Joe Satriani is simple.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
Maybe glasgow kiss by John petrucci its not that hard.

Are you insane? Have you played anything else other then the first verse melody?

And Satch Boogie?

Okay, Always With You is I guess alright, keep that in your pocket.

Take a look at:

Joe Satriani: Friends, A Train Of Angels, All Alone, A Love Eternal, Starry Night, Ten Words, The Crush of Love

And maybe look at Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson (leave the intro licks and oturo licks out for now)
There's no point learning easy songs if you want to develop your technique. You need to pick a harder song and learn it slowly piece by piece.
I recommend you start on licks/drills/practice routine 1st
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
when i was learning to pick i practicsed every breath you take-sting
brian........ top marks for not trying
Quote by Stratwizard
There's no point learning easy songs if you want to develop your technique. You need to pick a harder song and learn it slowly piece by piece.

Harder then what? Easier then what?

Maybe, something like A Train of Angels would be extremely hard for him, ever consider that?
No Satch Boggie really is not that bad its mainly pentatonic stuff with some funky tapping that isnt to bad.
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
you could try Technical Difficulites by Racer X, it's challenging but not recidulously hard, it's alos a lot of fun to play.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
absolutely not... shred is a synonym for 73h u83r h4rdn355... possibly the jerryC version of im alright... its not rly "shred" but it has that progressive feel to it. i suggest glasgow kiss, for the love of god by steve vai is pretty easy
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Cliffs of Dover.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
eh cliffs of dover is kinda tricky... i would say its moderately hard even
Cliffs of Dover is easier than Glassgow Kiss though
i dont think so... well maybe... idk i find the part before the 1st theme to be kinda tricky cause i have smaller hands its hard to do those adjacent threes then the five or w/e without my finger touching the other string lol... but thats just me... i guess cliffs of dover is easier
Like someone said, Techical Difficulties would be good if you break it down into exercises, in fact quite a lot of Racer X songs are good like that. For example at the moment I'm trying to learn Scarified, although I'm shit.

Aside from those, I would suggest working your way up from things like Iron Maiden and Metallica, then Megadeth(Marty Friedman era) and so on.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Quote by C.C. Deville
i dont think so... well maybe... idk i find the part before the 1st theme to be kinda tricky cause i have smaller hands its hard to do those adjacent threes then the five or w/e without my finger touching the other string lol... but thats just me... i guess cliffs of dover is easier

Then just don't play the intro. It's more of just a Ah Via Musicom segue anyways. The song only actually starts with the rhythm riff, and there's only 2 difficult runs in the solo (the pentatonic descending lick and the string picking lick).

And you can simplifiy the intro riff with this:
B:-8-------8-------8--------8------
G:---7-0-0---9-0-0---11-0-0---9-0-0

And even without that, it's still much, much easier then Glasgow Kiss.
=O i nvr thought of playing it that way haha thanks