Poll: What do you prefer? Discuss ,until one cries.
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you prefer? Discuss ,until one cries.
MP3
28 64%
The classic CD
16 36%
Voters: 44.
Do you prefer MP3 or CD ?
killing moon
has come too soon
Wheres Vinyl? :P

You can't really compare. I have all my MP3s encoded at 192 or above (Preferably VBR).. which on my setup, matches CD quality. But in terms of supporting artists and getting the whole experience of the album, CD wins.
CD > Mp3

Easily. The quality of an MP3 can't match the quality of a CD.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

CD, I'm old school.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
The quality of an MP3 can't match the quality of a CD.

You can get higher bitrate from an MP3 than from a CD. For example the leaked mp3 of Vicarious from Tool's latest album was higher quality than it was on the album. I like CDs though because I like listening to an album.

However, vinyl FTW.
MP3 FTW.

I love CDs all the same but my entire CD collection i have collected as MP3's on my computer.

CD's for portability, MP3s overall do it for me.

Hey, point me in the direction of a CD that can hold 10Gb of music and i will be happy then

All of my MP3's are of the highest standard quality too.
Relationship Problems?

Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Maybe she just doesnt like you because you use no punctuation, and need to divide it into paragraphs.
Quote by smb
You can get higher bitrate from an MP3 than from a CD. For example the leaked mp3 of Vicarious from Tool's latest album was higher quality than it was on the album. I like CDs though because I like listening to an album.

However, vinyl FTW.

I think you're confused. MP3s are compressed versions of what you find on the CD. They chop off the high frequencies and at times, also the low frequencies. The max bitrate from an MP3 is 320 Kbps.. while a .wav file ripped straight from the CD it's.. a thousand and.. 40 or something, I forget.
In General, I say CD. If you really do appreciate a band, you buy the dammit new CD of them withall the artwork and suff AND you have the album as one piece, which is accomplished in itself.
killing moon
has come too soon
I prefer CDs and Records, but I just honestly dont have room for them anymore, so I have put everything on my computers and sold the CDs I didnt LOVE, keeping the classics like Passion and Warfare, Surfing With the Alien of course...but I must have sold like 200 CDs lol...CDs sound much better but MP3's or Flac files are much more practical. I'll usually torrent something if I like it, and if I think its REALLY good, and the band put a lot of time and effort into it, I'll buy the CD.
My CDs always get scratched, so MP3 ftw.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
its much more fun blasting out music on a stereo than listening to headphones, and i can do that in most rooms in my house with a cd
Bono: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Audience member: "Well, f*cking stop it then!"
Quote by El~Spaniad
I think you're confused. MP3s are compressed versions of what you find on the CD. They chop off the high frequencies and at times, also the low frequencies. The max bitrate from an MP3 is 320 Kbps.. while a .wav file ripped straight from the CD it's.. a thousand and.. 40 or something, I forget.

But they chop off the frequencies that we cant hear, so it make no difference.

MP3 > CD
Quote by smb

Like El~Spaniad said, you are unlikely to find any mp3s that are of higher quality than a CD unless you've made a track yourself. How can an mp3 be better quality than the source it came from? You can't increase the quality of the audio.

Quote by ibaRGnez321

Wait till your computer dies, then you won't be thinking that.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles

Backup HD, anyone? Its easier to just store music on a separate hard drive, so it doesnt slow down my laptop.
I like having good old CD's in there cases. Just something I like about them but I upload them to itunes so I can listen to music at school.
Quote by ibaRGnez321

Shame on you for treating them that way!!
killing moon
has come too soon
And, another thing, you have more music all in one place with MP3 Players. I get bored and like to go on walks, and an MP3 is much easier to carry with me instead of a cd case, especially when you feel like listening to something else, you don't have to switch CDs. It's also easier to get away with in school.
i prefer mp3s, because of the less hassle. but i alwayd buy the albums on CD and burn them onto my computer. i would never pay for an mp3...
The artists put so much dedication into the artwork .If you only have the data, you don´t have the whole opus . Buying the album and putting it on MP3 for practical reasons is a different thing, ok.
killing moon
has come too soon
Quote by cheames
i prefer mp3s, because of the less hassle. but i alwayd buy the albums on CD and burn them onto my computer. i would never pay for an mp3...

Relationship Problems?

Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Maybe she just doesnt like you because you use no punctuation, and need to divide it into paragraphs.
MP3s are better for portability and ease of use, CDs have higher quality of sound. Plus they simply are cooler, with the artwork and all, than a couple of icons in a folder on your hard drive .
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by andrewbiles

I burn CDs to back up my computer, thank you.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~