Page 1 of 2
This kid I know is helping to make a logo for a band. The band's name is an extremely long grindcore name (although, judging from the music scene around here, they probably won't be anything close to grindcore), so he was trying to figure out how to make a logo that would fit on a shirt or CD cover. I told him to make it extremely unintelligible, like so many metal bands have done. He asked me what I meant, and I told him I would send him some logos.

So, I need some. A search of the forums turned up nothing, so I have come here for help. Grindcore logos are preferred (since the band is supposed to be grindcore), but other genres are fine.
I was actually involved in a conversation about this at a restaurant a few weeks ago, and I think they said that Cattle Decapitation and some other band had that I cant remember had logos like that.

Circle Of Dead Children

Cattle Decapitation

Bloodbath

Those are some good ones. I would post the Senthil one but I couldn't find it before I stopped caring.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Meh, those ones are pretty easy to read. I need more unintelligible-ness, less intelligible-ness.

thats the closest to legible you will get; Job for a cowboy, its deathcore somewhere inbetween the death metal and metalcore scene. Funny that its logo is somewhere between legible and illegible.
Relationship Problems?

Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Maybe she just doesnt like you because you use no punctuation, and need to divide it into paragraphs.
Hmmm, look at bands like Decapitated Midget Fetus or Amputated Genitals. I don't really know their logos but they're probably what you're lookin for.

Also I can read the CODC one but thats as good as you're gonna get probably. Senthil's looks like a big wad of cum. Theres pretty much no recognizable letters.

Vaginal Destruction

Waking The Cadaver, the epitome of unintelligible logos.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Huh?

*is bad at computering*

Vaginal Destruction

Quote by AcidBath443
Huh?

*is bad at computering*

Angelfire doesn't allow hotlinking pics, like Metal-Archives, so they replace the pic with 'Image Hosted by Angelfire.'

I think that says "summon". ....yeah i can see it now
Relationship Problems?

Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Maybe she just doesnt like you because you use no punctuation, and need to divide it into paragraphs.
Quote by KoRn dude

thats the closest to legible you will get; Job for a cowboy, its deathcore somewhere inbetween the death metal and metalcore scene. Funny that its logo is somewhere between legible and illegible.

Way to not read the thread. I don't want it to be legible!
Quote by SGRocker0791
Angelfire doesn't allow hotlinking pics, like Metal-Archives, so they replace the pic with 'Image Hosted by Angelfire.'

Oh alright, my bad. It looked fine for me/I didn't know that. Thanks dude.

Vaginal Destruction

Quote by Scourge441
No logos, buddy.

... What?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Mr. President

I bet none of you can read that.

Is anything there?

EDIT:
Quote by rafarquhar

Waking The Cadaver, the epitome of unintelligible logos.

Oh that's just silly!
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Feb 24, 2007,
Quote by SGRocker0791
Angelfire hotlinking for the lose.

Win.

Seriously, they look kinda cool and all, but what's the point of having a symbol that no one can read?

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Win.

Seriously, they look kinda cool and all, but what's the point of having a symbol that no one can read?

Becuase it looks cool and if you know the band you can figure out the name.
Its also important to include somekind of detail in your logo so that it stands out and doesnt look like another darkthrone rippoff (like most of the ones posted here)
Quote by Evil_Magician
Becuase it looks cool and if you know the band you can figure out the name.
Its also important to include somekind of detail in your logo so that it stands out and doesnt look like another darkthrone rippoff (like most of the ones posted here)

Yea, true, I guess.

I can see adding detail being cool and all, and I can find trhe name in most of them, but the one I quote just looks like some 100 year old vines morphing in on one another, no letters to be seen,

The ones I can like are the ones like the Summon one, and the 2nd pic in bo's post, but SGRocker's is just.....
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Yea, true, I guess.

I can see adding detail being cool and all, and I can find trhe name in most of them, but the one I quote just looks like some 100 year old vines morphing in on one another, no letters to be seen,

The ones I can like are the ones like the Summon one, and the 2nd pic in bo's post, but SGRocker's is just.....

Yeah man .

Its hard to make a logo readable and very very grim at the same time.
When i do them i just write the letters and draw some crazy stuff around them. Its hard to keep them readable.

And to threadstarter- when your making a logo make sure that its not just some vines etc. Try some different stuff. Look at mayhems logo. Its so simple yet so memorable. The crosses make you recognise it.
You should turn this into a game. "Guess The Unintelligible Band Logo!" that would be awesome.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by SGRocker0791

And why don't we confess to all the children who discovered that logo in the first place???

Gooooooooo Spynal you are God. Thank you for providing me the means to win the unintelligible logo war.

Heil Spy!

I'll pass on pointing out who it is for now... and let everyone guess for awhile.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
I'll pass on pointing out who it is for now... and let everyone guess for awhile.

Goat's Ass Trumpet.
Page 1 of 2