I just ordered a Dimarzio D-Sonic F spaced for my tremelo system, and I'm thinking of installing them myself instead of paying the fee and it taking 2 weeks with a guitar tech.

How hard is it to install your own bridge pickup? I do not know how to solder by my dad is an electrician so that'll be no problem.

Is there anywhere I can get a diagram of how to install a bridge pickup?

Thanks in advance.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
take a pic of the crrent wiring for your pickups and copy that

also, most pickups come with wiring instructions im sure
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
So the installation diagram should come with the pick up? That could help out a lot, thanks.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Email Dimarzio (you can find their email address on their site) and tell them what guitar you have and the specs on it (pickup switch, pickup config.) and what pickup you are installing. They'll email you a diagram that you can go by. Installing pickups is very easy to do. Do you know which way you are going to install the D-Sonic? There's a difference in sound with the pole piece near and away from the bridge.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Email Dimarzio (you can find their email address on their site) and tell them what guitar you have and the specs on it (pickup switch, pickup config.) and what pickup you are installing. They'll email you a diagram that you can go by. Installing pickups is very easy to do. Do you know which way you are going to install the D-Sonic? There's a difference in sound with the pole piece near and away from the bridge.

are u sure it really is easy or are u just saying that because its easy to u now since u have been doing it. i looked at the instructional video at seymour duncan and disconnecting the old pickups from the volume/tone knobs looks kind of complicated since they are soldered.
If your dad has experience soldering, he'll know what to do. DO NOT rip the old wires off. If you email Dimarzio like I mentioned, the diagram is very easy to go by. I'm not just saying that it's easy, it really is. As long as your dad is there to help you with the soldering and you have the diagram, you can't go wrong. It's very easy. I can't believe most shops charge about $50 PER pickup.
Quote by Guitarmiester
If your dad has experience soldering, he'll know what to do. DO NOT rip the old wires off. If you email Dimarzio like I mentioned, the diagram is very easy to go by. I'm not just saying that it's easy, it really is. As long as your dad is there to help you with the soldering and you have the diagram, you can't go wrong. It's very easy. I can't believe most shops charge about $50 PER pickup.

what the? my dad? u think im 12 years old or somethin? ha
Oh, sorry about that. I remember seeing someone mention that their dad had experience soldering, it was the threadstarter, not you. Sorry about that.
dimarzio actually has the wiring diagrams posted on their website. i looked at it and it said that if u have no wiring experience or unsure of what to do, its highly recommended for a professional to do it.

i might want to add that the wiring diagram i looked at was for the super distortion which is a 4 conductor pickup so maybe thats a little more complicated??
Ryank285 If you're unsure about installing pickups, then it'd be a good idea to have someone else do it for you. I installed a Dimarzio PAF PRO (neck) and Dimarzio Super Distortion(bridge) in one of my RG's. Wasn't complicated at all, at least for me. I don't have a ton of electrical experience, but enough to do things myself and not have to get ripped off by music shops that over-charge for simple jobs.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Ryank285 If you're unsure about installing pickups, then it'd be a good idea to have someone else do it for you. I installed a Dimarzio PAF PRO (neck) and Dimarzio Super Distortion(bridge) in one of my RG's. Wasn't complicated at all, at least for me. I don't have a ton of electrical experience, but enough to do things myself and not have to get ripped off by music shops that over-charge for simple jobs.

haha, i have the exact same dimarzios!! they are not installed yet though. i have an epi les paul.