Hey all.

I thought that instead of getting two retarded guitars for birthday, i figured i would actually need a new amp to make it all sound good...but i'm not really sure which one i should get.

i picked some of the nominees, can you tell me which one would be most suitable for me? i play hard rock, metal and classic rock...(versatility is good). also, it has to sound good at half way full and at completely cranked.

Fender Hot rod deluxe
Fame (if anyone has any info/feedback on these amps, it would be superb!)

ENGL Thunder

basically, i would need this amp mostly for band practice with drums etc, but i also want to use it on outdoor shows i will be doing this summer!!

I thank you all!
oh yeah, and how much is 50w tube amp in terms of ss amp? like 100-120w?
i hate you europeans, getting engls so cheap. 50W tube is roughly 150W SS. and yeah, the engl.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
plenty.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^^

+1000000

"GeTttT T33h EnGlZorz!!11"

seriously the Engl is the winner on this one...

Go for a Screamer instead of the Thunder... The Thunder is pretty dull and the worst of the ENGL line IMO, doesn't cut it for metal either.
I don't know anything about the ENGL, but I know that Fender can hold its own. The other guitarist in my band has one. He gets a real nice tone out of it. It's loud as hell, though! I constantly have to tell him to turn it down.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
ENGL!!! GOOD-ISH?!?! IT PWNS THOSE 2 OTHER AMPS completely. Hands down!

Oh yeah, but it's US $1,600.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by zwound
is the thunder still good-ish?

Ya man, its pretty good, and easily beats those two amps! You have nothing to worry about buyin that amp!