Alright, so the way our highschool's popular music program works is that the first year the students get to pick and play w/e they like and for the last year they have to put on a musical timeline style concert. So for the teacher has made some selections and to be quite honest I'm not really for alot of them. Here's what has been picked so far:

Blues- Crow Jane by Skip James
Jazz- You Can't Take that Away From Me by Ella Fitzgerald
Swing- Zoot Suite Riot by Cherry Poppin Daddies (so much for keeping authentic)
Rock n' Roll- Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
60's English Rock- Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles
Protest Music- Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell
Stadium Rock- Creeping Death by Metallica (I can think of alot of stuff better than this)
Techno 80's- Call Me by Blondie
Reggae- Jammin by Bob Marley
Alternative- Dirt by Alice in Chains
1950's Rock Ballad- Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
Pyschedelic- Light My Fire by The Doors
Punk- Pretty Vacant by the Sex Pistols
Motown- Heard it Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye
Latin Rock- Smooth by Sanata
Classic Rock- Somebody to Love by Queen

Now, we still have to decide on songs for Rap, 80's pop, 90's Hip Hop, and country. Me and and my buddy were trying to solve the rap and hip hop issue easily by trying to get him to let us do some Run DMC, Beasties Boys, or Public Enemey but he's being iffy.

So what I want to know is if you guys can think of any songs we can use for those categories that have lyrics that aren't too graphic (i.e. swearing and such). Also, if you could have made the song list what your choices would've been for each category.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Last edited by Brandon860 at Feb 24, 2007,
For a start, Somebody to Love is the last song I'd pick for classic rock, but there are some ok choices in there. Also, in psychedelic, I'd go for a song by Cream or Hendrix.
For country, you could always do an Eagles song, it's semi country i suppose. For 80s pop you might be able to get away with a Dire Straits song. I'm not sure but you could suggest it anyway. All the bets wih the concert.
Try a Talking Heads song, like "Psycho Killer" or "Once in a Lifetime" for 80's pop. Neil Young is influenced by a lot of country music, maybe try something off of his album "Harvest"?
Quote by Godbe
For a start, Somebody to Love is the last song I'd pick for classic rock, but there are some ok choices in there. Also, in psychedelic, I'd go for a song by Cream or Hendrix.
For country, you could always do an Eagles song, it's semi country i suppose. For 80s pop you might be able to get away with a Dire Straits song. I'm not sure but you could suggest it anyway. All the bets wih the concert.

Actual he'd easily go for that, he loves Knopfler. Any ones in particular?
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox