i thought this would be an interesting thread. i know its all based on personal opinion but thought it would be nice to see everyone's take.

Les Pauls- my axe of choice. i like the feel of the body and the warmth it produces. if only the neck was a little smaller, id never consider owning a 2nd guitar. Perfect all around guitar, good for any music style.

Strats- i love the way the fretboard on a Strat feels, just not a big fan of the feel of the body and the fact it uses single coils. Strats to me are good mostly for blues/jazz music because of the fact it uses single coils. i personally think humbuckers are better for hard rock/metal.

if only i can get a Les Paul with a Strat fretboard feel!!
Hmm...well, I would say the Gibson ES-175 is pretty good for playing jazz...

[/obvious]

Well, my favorite axes are strat-types, only I can't get enough output out of 'em. I like a fat rhythm tone which is hard to achieve with a strat. I like Schecter C-1's as well: they're shaped like strats, but they have mahogany bodies and humbuckers for fatter, heavier tone, and a wider neck which I found surprisingly comfortable, especially for tapping.
A Fender fat strat is pretty good if u get HSS set up. really versatile
Or a Stagemaster deluxe HSH, Its has really fat tones and iv not found any style that cant be played brilliantly on it
StueyALBB
Yeah, just look at some fenders with hums.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Fender_punk

im sorry, but i think its funny that you own a tom delonge signature strat. i dont mind him as a guitarist but his strat is waaaaay too barebones. only one pickup and one knob, just for volume. no tone knob.
Quote by Fender_punk

I have, actually. I tried a Mexican HH...feels nice, but the sound isn't very professional. I couldn't find an American HH strat, but I heard it's not very good.

So Superstrats FTW!
The necks on Fenders are so much better than most other necks that are laminated and painted or whatever. The necks on Gibsons and guitars like that aren't nearly as comfortable as Fenders
Fender Telecaster = Country.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by sashki
Hmm...well, I would say the Gibson ES-175 is pretty good for playing jazz...

[/obvious]

Well, my favorite axes are strat-types, only I can't get enough output out of 'em. I like a fat rhythm tone which is hard to achieve with a strat. I like Schecter C-1's as well: they're shaped like strats, but they have mahogany bodies and humbuckers for fatter, heavier tone, and a wider neck which I found surprisingly comfortable, especially for tapping.

i have a 1967 es-175, its awesome.
but i use my strat for pretty much everything i play, which is mostly blues and southern rock. and of course hendrix
I want an ES-335 , but first...strat!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Pleiadian
Fender Telecaster = Country.

and punk, psychobilly, rock and occasionally metal (john 5)

i have an sg... which the only problem for me is that at first it was hard to play standing up (i got used to it but frets 19 through twenty two are hard to solo on)... other wise my neck pick up is good from mellow to stuff to sraight up metal... and i can almost get a tele sound out of the bridge ( i adjusted the pole magnets on the treble strings)

i want a strat for my bluesier and songs that deal with more strange chording... and i love the deep cutaway... and i love the clean sound
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
John 5 modded the crap out of his tele...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
you just never let me be happy do you jinskee
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Ryank285
i thought this would be an interesting thread. i know its all based on personal opinion but thought it would be nice to see everyone's take.

Les Pauls- my axe of choice. i like the feel of the body and the warmth it produces. if only the neck was a little smaller, id never consider owning a 2nd guitar. Perfect all around guitar, good for any music style.

Strats- i love the way the fretboard on a Strat feels, just not a big fan of the feel of the body and the fact it uses single coils. Strats to me are good mostly for blues/jazz music because of the fact it uses single coils. i personally think humbuckers are better for hard rock/metal.

if only i can get a Les Paul with a Strat fretboard feel!!

Warmoth - Mahogany shaped body, maple neck, whatever you like in terms of fretboard (I prefer maple..)

Get a Seymour Duncan Lil 59 in the neck (humbucker character, single coil feel) and a humbucker in the bridge.. Amazing.. feels like a strat, sounds not entirely unlike a les paul.
Quote by latinosuperstud
you just never let me be happy do you jinskee

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Les Paul = Anything and everything

Having said that, I played an SG Std recently, and I'd say it would be pushing the LP for that title. Surprisingly impressive sustain and tone, nice action, nice shaped neck, and the best darn upper fret access around. And it looks the dog's bollox!!!
im sorry, but i think its funny that you own a tom delonge signature strat. i dont mind him as a guitarist but his strat is waaaaay too barebones. only one pickup and one knob, just for volume. no tone knob.

yeah there not for everyone, but its perfect for me. try a MIM strat with a different pickup. i agree, there stock pickups are terrible in the MIM fat strats. And to untitled039, i couldn't agree more. fender necks are wonderful. the only thing i dont like about my epiphone is the neck.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com