Poll: Fender or Gibson
Poll Options
View poll results: Fender or Gibson
Fender Standard Stratocaster
9 75%
Gibson Melody maker (either with one or two pickups)
3 25%
Voters: 12.
Hi,

I was wondering about if it is possible to insert a humbucker in to the Gibson melody maker?
It might leave a hole, cos a P-90 pickup is wider than your average humbucker...you'd have to fill it and re-finish the gutiar so that you can't see it.

Are you planning to BUY a melody maker, or do you have one already?
I'm planning to buy one, and also, I thought that it only was like a single coil in there and not a p-90.
A P-90 is actually a single coil. Just a really BIG one.

And don't buy the guitar. It sucks. You're just paying for the fact that it says "Gibson" on the headstock. It's not a good guitar unless you want to show it off.

Buy a Schecter, Ibanez or ESP/LTD instead. Or a Epiphone Elitist. They're in the same price range, but have better features and are better built.
I know what a P-90 is, I am just saying that it looks lika an ordinary single coil pickup on the pictures.

That is a single coil. The older versions had a p-90.
Like this one.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Feb 24, 2007,
The two links are the same, but yes those are single coils.
I think that it sounds sweet though...
Yeah, I forgot to copy the new link, but now the links are replaced with pictures.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

What would you guys recommend: The Fender standard Stratocaster Or the Gibson melody maker (and I am also thinking about the melody maker with two pickups)?
god they are ugly guitars get the dc version with 2 p90s
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
there are bareknucke P90s that fit in a humbucker cavity but its expensive
But, would it be possible to actually put in a humbucker on the melody maker that Will has put a picture of (the picture of the sunburst guitar)?
It would, but you'd either A) have to route out more wood, or B) get a single sized humbucker.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says: