I heard so much about this band and really didn't understand the hype until I properly sat down and gave them a listen. Quite frankly, I was amazed. Everything i've ever heard from the band since listening to their debut 7" (which remains my favourite) has been really really good. I know there's quite a few Some Girls fans in this forum and seeing a Ten Yard Fight thread earlier inspired me a little to see how many AN/GUTG there was. Favourite albums? Ever saw them live? etc etc.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=18358131

('Hearts' would be my favourite out of those 4.)
rites of nothing.
I know I should love this band by default but I just can't get into it. I've tried numerous times but really just don't get the greatness, I mean they're not a bad band I just can't dig it.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Get their debut 7" man, it's nothing short of amazing. I personally prefer it over their later stuff, it sounds much more sharp.
rites of nothing.
I absolutely love them. Wes Eisold has such a way with words that I just can't describe. And being the person I am, I can relate to most of his lyrics spot on.

Anyway, favorite album is We're Down Till We're Underground and favorite songs are: Love American, AEIOU, AM/PM, Farewell, Your Arsonist, The Last Supper Afterparty and There's A Hole In the Shadow of the Pru.

Favorite Lyric: "I've been wearing this new outfit called "quit while you're ahead"" taken from Am/Pm.

I never saw them live but I have seen Some Girls. And from that, I can collect that Wes is...welll weird. The second they're done he jumps off the stage and disappears. You don't see him before his set, you don't see him after. You try to talk to him (big mistake) and he looks at you like you're an idiot and doesn't say anything. I still think he's incredible though.

Anyway, the question everyone is asking and I'm still dying to know: How did he lose his left hand?
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
It's blatantly the whole 'tough man' contest story fo sho. Jamie Jasta is a pussy compared to the legend that is Wes Eisold.
rites of nothing.
he lost his left hand

i'm into an and gutg but not some girl really at all

what else has he done?
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
One of the best hardcore bands of all time in my opinion. Each and every song, so good.

For anyone just getting into them, either pick up Background Music or Year One. Both excellent, Year One has some live tracks. We're Down Till We're Underground is a pretty good album, but it strays from the original AN style.

Wes is probably among the top lyricists of hardcore. The way he words everything is just amazing.
one of my favorite bands

i can listen to background music straight through over and over and never get sick of it
I actually like the self titled the best. Protest Song #00 is my favorite track by them. That's not to say Background Music is also a 10/10, also. Dai, get into them.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Best tracks: Farewell, Hearts, AM/PM, Your Aronist, Shoplifiting in a Ghost Town, Dead and Gone, Sore-Throat Syndrome, God Saved the Queen.

But every song is good. I have yet to hear a track from this band that I didn't love.
Amazing band. Wes's lyrics are nothing short of genious. If he wasn't in this band I probably wouldn't like them nearly as much as I do.

I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite cd because everything they released was amazing.

As far as my favorite tracks goes: AM/PM, I Saved Latin, Protest Song #00, **** What Fireworks Stand For, Please Die!, Love American, Farewell, We Killed It, Crimescene, Bluem, Crush of the Year

But as Cedence said, every song they wrote is good.
I just recently started listening to them and Ive got to say Im really impressed. Im starting to get in to bands like these more ane more.

Pardon my stupidity but why do they have two names?
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by guitarwannabe16
I just recently started listening to them and Ive got to say Im really impressed. Im starting to get in to bands like these more ane more.

Pardon my stupidity but why do they have two names?

The band started out as American Nightmare, formed in 1999. In 2003, a band from Philadelphia with the same name sued them for the name. AN briefly played under the name American Nothing before permanently changing their name to Give Up the Ghost.

Today, people refer to the band by both names.
Thanks for the info dude. I feel so enlightened now.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Last edited by guitarwannabe16 at Feb 25, 2007,