My Goth G-400 stayed in tune very well.

You can always just buy new tuners if you are unhappy with the ones on your guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have one and it stays in tune fine for me...but i have to tune after playing about four songs, maybe three
Wait for . . . Everything evil in you comes out . . .

My Stuff:
Epiphone G-400
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2*12
Squier Strat

I need some pedals...like for effects and maybe a nice distortion pedal, ideas would be highly appreciated!
Quote by FacingUsAll
My Goth G-400 stayed in tune very well.

You can always just buy new tuners if you are unhappy with the ones on your guitar.

What about drop tuning? Does it still stay in tune?
not trying to mislead you, but you should check out schecters...they cost roughly the same as epis, but are like 3 times better in my opinion than any of those darn epis.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
What about drop tuning? Does it still stay in tune?

I play in Eb standard and it was fine.

Quote by zwound
not trying to lead you to other guitars, but schecters are wotrth checking out. they cost the same, pretty much as the g-400 but in my opinion waaaay better than those damn epis.

You can't get a Schecter with EMGs for $500, unfortunately.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I'm pretty sure that the G-400 has the same tuners as the LP Standard, which is what I have, and it stays in tune really well. I don't do drop tunings though.
Quote by zwound
not trying to lead you to other guitars, but schecters are wotrth checking out. they cost the same, pretty much as the g-400 but in my opinion waaaay better than those damn epis.

Yah I was looking at the Damien FR but I like the feel of SGs better. But I was definitly considering them.
Quote by zwound
for pennies more, i think this is better. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=513010

while being about the same as the sg. i the only feature better on the epi are the pickups, but it still doesnt compete with the c-1

plus it's sexy.

I agree with you one the sexyness but thats about it. I'm in love with emg 81/85s and I like 22 frets better than 24 but still it's damn sexy.
ive got an old beat up epiphone g-400 and it keeps tune perfectly with the exception of one of the strings and thats because i replaced it , effed it up and was just lazy and never put a new one on... No problems
If you can save up some extra money, DEFINITELY check out a Godin Freeway EMG.

It'll have a different tone, but Godin has excellent build quality and makes very playable guitars.
Quote by utsapp89
^ i'm sure thats better than the epi (i hate epis in general. theyre not so good.)...despite it looks worse than the epi, i htink it is still better, in hoset opinion.
you like 22 frets better than 24? what's wrong with you? sure, 22 frets will do you just fine, but being able to hit that 24th fret pinch harmonic aould sound so amazing on those emg's!
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

but it was odd, we didn't have anything overly important stolen

and among the stolen items: Bananas

Quote by Vantage
Some guy stole one of my pants and the plastic bottles.
Quote by FacingUsAll
If you can save up some extra money, DEFINITELY check out a Godin Freeway EMG.

It'll have a different tone, but Godin has excellent build quality and makes very playable guitars.

Wow. Looks wwondeful. I'll favorite that on for my next purchase.
itll stay in tune like any other goddamn guitar, what has made you think that it doesnt stay in tune??
Quote by ch715dallat
itll stay in tune like any other goddamn guitar, what has made you think that it doesnt stay in tune??

Well my first guitar was a bc rich warlock and it didnt stay in tuune for more than an hour then my second guitar was a razorback and that had a tremelo so I though that if it didnt have a tremelo than it would instantly get out of tune.