It seems to me that, Good music is becoming popular!!I keep hearing things about new guitar gods, Progressive metal bands releasing new albums etc. What do YOU think?
Last edited by death_rider at Feb 24, 2007,
I think Emo is dying out, which to me personally is good news. Over here in Europe, though, we never got a lot of emo...it's all Indie here. Either that or hip-hop.

So I haven't noticed a difference. I'm still hoping for the best.

I will be happy when energetic and interesting rock and pop music return to mainstream. 5 years ago, I could turn on MTV and see Blink 182, the Darkness, Sum 41, Jet and I even saw KISS once. These days......Akorn on every channel.
Symphony X is releasing a new album soon, maybe its already out but I'm not sure i never paid attention to popular music anyways I've always just listened and kept up to date on the bands that I enjoy listening to which is alot of progression as well as folk metal and celtic metal and some death metal..... alot of different kinds of metal lol
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
I've seen that rap music is slowly dying out, though it may be for pop-rock bands like Fall out Boy - I dont mind though I'd rather here that then about how some guy is poor and from the streets and the white man is holdin him down, when he has 5 cars and 20 room mansion and more money then he knows what to do with.
Dream Theater and CKY are releasing new albums this year

But they did in '05 as well...

So I hardly think good music is coming back...
Quote by death_rider
It seems to me that, Music has started to shift to goodness again. I keep hearing things about new guitar gods, Progressive metal bands releasing new albums etc. What do YOU think?

That is true, but theres always been good music, you just have to look hard for it.
I don't really mind genres I just listen to what sounds good, I like bands with acutal talent- Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Mayer, Dear and The Headlights and RATM

but I'll listen to emo- Taking Back Sunday is one of my favorite bands and as for indi and hip-hop I love the Gym Class Heroes

I noticed ALOT of bands having a more dynamic sound (a7x, good charlotte, MCR) they still kinda suck, though i enjoy a7x and the new MCR stuff- GC is still of homosexual content

prog-metal is good, i know most prog metal is like Dream Theater and Nevermore and Tool and stuff,
but I like Coheed and Cambria, though there new album will most likely suck because of the direction Claudio took the last album with all the gay special effects that was like a video game, i liked the prog-punk stuff
Quote by garrett5
That is true, but theres always been good music, you just have to look hard for it.

I mean that it's becoming more popular, i know there are lots of good bands out there.
Quote by death_rider
I mean that it's becoming more popular, i know there are lots of good bands out there.

like Dear and The Headlights