Page 1 of 2
I remember being supposed to support these guys a year ago, when they weren't all over Kerrang! and on the Warped Tour. But none the less, I really dig these guys and especially converted myself over when I saw them live support Lifetime. Nuts would be the word to describe them live. The lead singer hanging all over the Mean Fiddler and what not. I soon got the album and wasn't disappointed, it's abrasive rock and roll hardcore is the best description is what comes to mind. It sounds so British too, which is never ever a bad thing haha!

'Orchestra of Wolves' and 'Rolling With The Punches' being my favourite out of the 4 on the 'ol myspace.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4459262
rites of nothing.
I saw them as support with BFMV, didn't like them at all. When they talked about people in the crowd abusing them on that tour in Kerrang, that was me
Lyrics Crit 4 Crit
More Graves To Fill (14-05-2009)
Jus Ad Bellum (10-05-2009)

Quote by ragebass89
That is ****in awesome! I mean not that he died, but the fact that monkeys killed him.

Quote by dead_kennedy
Feel extremely proud. Honestly.

Oh don't worry I do I want to frame that issue of Kerrang!
Lyrics Crit 4 Crit
More Graves To Fill (14-05-2009)
Jus Ad Bellum (10-05-2009)

Quote by ragebass89
That is ****in awesome! I mean not that he died, but the fact that monkeys killed him.

Kerrang is the worst excuse for music journalism the UK has to offer. Well, joint worst along with NME.

Gallows are pretty cool. Garnering a bit of support recently, I've noticed several trendy South Wales bands (e.g. The Blackout) wearing their shirts, etc. But hype and bandwagon-jumping aside, they're pretty good. Never seen them live yet. I believe they're doing a show (maybe they already did it) with November Coming Fire to promote the new split. THAT would be ace.
Quote by Gymmeh
Hahah, whatever Kerrang! is, I hate the name.

British rock magazine. 70 pages of posters of Lost Prophets, Fall Out Boy, Slipknot, Ville Valo followed by gig reviews of the used.

They dominate the rock magazine market, but really do suck ass.

EDIT: Hell, the only good magazine out there is guitar techiques. Probably the only unbiased magazine I've ever read.
Read about them in Alternative Press (shut up....) I'm listening to them right and wow, they're pretty ****in' good!

Love the vocals, especially.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Craigo
EDIT: Hell, the only good magazine out there is guitar techiques. Probably the only unbiased magazine I've ever read.
Rock SOund is the best of a bad bunch for me. At least it covers more genres and gets some vaguely obscure stuff in there, even if it does resort to fall out boy/mcr covers every week.

On topic, Gallows are currently touring with the Scare. I reckon that'd be a pretty good night.
gallows are brilliant.

on tour in july with ghost of a thousand and cancer bats.

: )
I got it wrong, they signed to Warners apparently. Bit of a jump. I think Epitaph is in there as well, maybe they have ties with Warners.
I haven't had a chance to see Gallows live, but I've got Orchestra Of Wolves and it's a fantastic album. The title track is probably my favourite, with Belly Of A Shark being a close second. I'm looking forward to seeing them live at some point, I've heard so much about their shows.
I don't really pay much attention to a band who have confessed to having very little musical tallent.
Quote by future rock god
I don't really pay much attention to a band who have confessed to having very little musical tallent.
Not meaning to be funny, but you do list Fightstar as one of your favourite bands.
Quote by kryptonite22
Not meaning to be funny, but you do list Fightstar as one of your favourite bands.

You do have a fair point, I haven't changed that list since i signed up, my tastes have changed since then.
I like Rolling With The Punches and Orchestra Of Wolves.

I saw them supporting As I Lay Dying, they weren't that special live tbh.
R E G G A E
Fantastic band, I can't wait to see them in Belfast Should be an amazing gig.

I really miss 5 Knuckle, but they seem to fill the void that 5K left on the uk scene.
boysetsdavies, are you joking?! Gallows will never touch the gap that 5 Knuckle left.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
boysetsdavies, are you joking?! Gallows will never touch the gap that 5 Knuckle left.

Well they do fill it a wee bit

Listened to Balance today. Made me realize how much I miss Five Knuckle I mean, they were probably the best on the UK punk/hardcore scene. Well imo anyway

People Not Numbers is a deadly track!
I'm new to gallows, whatsongsshould i listen to first to see what the hell the world appears to be on about
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Quote by boysetsdavies
Well they do fill it a wee bit

Listened to Balance today. Made me realize how much I miss Five Knuckle I mean, they were probably the best on the UK punk/hardcore scene. Well imo anyway

People Not Numbers is a deadly track!

Is 5 Knuckle the band from Bristol?
Quote by mortiis999
Is 5 Knuckle the band from Bristol?

Bingo!
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Gallows are amazing.
They use the amazing element of anger and energy in their shows and their CD (not many bands can manage to put the energy from their live shows into their CD but gallows are close).
Although they do not sound so much like the old punk, i would without a doubt consider them a punk band, they carry the same sort of views and anger that the older bands did but portray it in a more modern way.
If you havn't seen this band live, see them.
If you havn't got Orchestra of wolves, buy it.
I think I saw them live once. It couldnt of been that memorable if I cant remember it. (I wasnt drunk, so dont try that one)
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK

Yeeaah definatley...Five Knuckle were wicked.http://www.myspace.com/fiveknuckle

The Gallows are good too, it's weird how they have suddenly gotten so big. I remember seeing them at tiny social club halls with barely anyone there now they are massive. Yeah, I like the fact they are very British sounding.
i saw gallows play a very very small venue in manchester, what en epic show that was, such an energetic band and bloody brilliant live, one of the best live bands i've seen.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Orchestra of Wolves is a good song, haven't heard the album though .
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by hardrock1315
Gallows is a pretty crappy band with some really ****ed up lyrics.

That's awesome that you saw Lifetime, though.

Lifetime were awesome. What do you mean by ****ed up?
rites of nothing.
If you want to listen to a politically charged band with good meaninful lyrics go listen to Aus-rotten

The media are all over Gallows because that style of music is whats quite popular right now and there a "safe" band but because there quite "aggresive" they cause a tiny bit of a fuss. They have no real meaning or message.

The media sucks, the general opinion of the masses sucks!

Dont buy kerrang!

Gallows suck lol
Page 1 of 2