What is "really" the difference between metal and metalcore?I know metalcore is suppose to be metal with hardcore elements in it, but I want to start writing songs that are metal and not metalcore because when I form a band i dont want it to be labled as a metalcore band. I want to it to be a metal band. so how do i keep my music just metal?
Write whatever the **** you want, the label doesn't matter. If you write metalcore riffs, that's what you like to write and want to sound like.
Dickless.
Copy Maiden and Priest mainly. Look closely at their styles and then rip them off. Or better yet sod being obsessed with a genre and just write what you are good at writing.
"Their fate is in each others hands as they decide whether to share... or to shaft"
Robert Kilroy-Silk from his sadly shortlived quiz-show Shafted.

Member Number 7 of the Frank Zappa Appreciation Club. PM chocolatguitar to join.
just... sing basically. dont try to do vocals while getting anal raped like what Atreyu and the like do.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Metalcore=the music that metal elitists dont like
Metal=the music that Metal elitists do like

thats pretty much the only difference.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm