i need help picking classical or flamenco, when doing scales i dont know which fingers to use
well this probably isnt much help but when i asked the same question to my teacher he said you just have to work it out if it isnt already marked on the sheet music.
scales r usually done with index and middle fingers,i think i remember starting with index and u alternate I M I M.I havent played scales in awhile but thats the correct way of playin
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
Single line scales are mostly done rest stroke with im alternation. Certain higher level pieces might require 3-finger scales for subtle effects.
Quote by DopeDanny
scales r usually done with index and middle fingers,i think i remember starting with index and u alternate I M I M.I havent played scales in awhile but thats the correct way of playin

Ever heard of playing 3 notes per string??? Chromatic scales??? Full tone etc???Trust me if you want to become decent at scales you better research...... That is not correct.... Do you even know what a scale is??? Trust me, not many guitarists only use their index and middle fingers...

To the threeadster... Learn your basic major and minor scales in every position before worrying about what strict scales are used in flamenco.... Trust me, it will do you alot of good..... Learn the Gmaj scale in all 7 positions 3 notes per string....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by sheumack111

Ever heard of playing 3 notes per string??? Chromatic scales??? Full tone etc???Trust me if you want to become decent at scales you better research...... That is not correct.... Do you even know what a scale is??? Trust me, not many guitarists only use their index and middle fingers...

To the threeadster... Learn your basic major and minor scales in every position before worrying about what strict scales are used in flamenco.... Trust me, it will do you alot of good..... Learn the Gmaj scale in all 7 positions 3 notes per string....

He's referring to the right hand fingering. LOL read carefully before replying.

Any half decent scale book should tell you which left and right hand fingering to use. If you're serious, get yourself a proper scale book or find a reliable one online. They should be notated fully in terms of left hand fingering and position. As for right hand fingerings, work on 2-finger alternations before proceeding to 3 or more. im, ma, ia, mi,am and ai should keep you busy. You may add ami, ima or even imam and amim later on.
yeah, work out what's comfortable for you but make sure it's always alteration between fingers. WHAT DO I MEAN? When playing more than one note on the same string, use 2 fingers alternately.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account