Hello everyone. Today i just purchased a '91 Mark IV A short head from a guy off the mesa boogie boards. Now i need help finding a couple of items

a cab:
Im looking for a reasonably priced 2x 12 or 1 by 12 closed back cab. I was maybe thinking of a Mesa Recto 2 x 12( i can get ti at gc for 500) or a c90 loaded 1 x 12 cab. But im open to other suggestions. Im looking for something that has good quality construction, has a nice low end "umph" but also keeps a tight sound. I can go up to 600 bucks.

another cable for connection to the cab. open to most suggestions

AB/ABY box- one that works, doesnt suck out tone(true bypass). Reasonable price. Meant for switching between two amps using one guitar(lets try to keep it under 80 if possible)

An Equalizer. Been looking at the peavey 31 band rack eq. Open to other things. Up to 100 bucks preferably

Materials for building a pedal board. 55 cm by 55 cm, 5 cm tall. IE im looking for suggestions on type of wood and where to get Velcro for it, and how to build it over all. I got a rather vague idea but any help will eb appreciated.

thanks in advaced
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
heyyyy, bump, i saw this being used a couple of times. seemed like a nice ABy.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-WHI-SELECTOR.html

on some of the $50 ones, it's all pops and bleed thru.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
morley makes a great ABY. and if you're thinking that much EQ, one of the peaveys would be good. avatar cabs are great. and plywood is fine for a pedalboard. cover it in carpet, put the hook-end on the bottom of the pedals.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
thanks for the suggestions. i was looking at the morley but i read somethign about it nto being true bypass, this true?
i'm pretty sure it is. anyways, you won't notice a huge difference.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
alright ill look at it.

And i've heard both good thing and bad things about avatar(ie cabinets just falling apart), any more info?
sorry to bump but has anyone heard anything about vader cabs?
With 500-600 dollars, I don't think I would recommend an Avatar. You may want to look into a Genz-Benz G-flex 2x12, though; they're $570 or so new, but I picked mine up for $350 used. It's designed to be more like a 4x12 without the size and it has a huge, tight bass response.
ill take a look at some.
question:for the cab to connect to a head i can use a normal instrument cable right?
^Umm, I don't think so. It should work, but you could easily start something on fire. Instrument cables aren't designed to handle the high power and voltage going from heads to cabs; the output from pickups is virtually nothing compared to output from heads.
^thought so. Can you recommend a cable to run form head to a cab.
Materials for pedalboards can for the most part be bought at the local woodyard/hardware combination around you (they are called home depot or lowes here in america)

Cab: IDK, i got mine from a guy who had his custom made, but sold it on the internet. It's an awesome investment to have a cab custom constructed. Haven't played through it lately, though, but it is great.

EQ: The MXR 5 band, 7 band, or the boss 10 band are all choices, which i can't comment on because i don't own them. They can definately be picked up for under 100 dollars.

hope this helps, Juarez.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by mexican_shred
^thought so. Can you recommend a cable to run form head to a cab.
Not really, I just picked one up from my bassist who had a few lying around. I would be surprised if it makes a a significant difference in tone, though I suppose the entire processed signal is going through it... Hmm...
speaker cables have a thicker guage core, because there's more of a signal. look at any old online store and there should be a category for speaker cables.

and at nothing else, the avatars give a great price for the speakers, you could throw a few L-brackets in and it would be fine.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
alright so i go a couple of things figured out(purchase wise)

Im going to go with the A/B jenny recommended?

and right now im leaning towards either a Vader cab or a recto(deepening on ebay grr..)

still not sure on eq.