For the past month and a half, ive looked for a deal on a halfstack, found one, asked my father if i could buy it ( with my money ) , and the moment i said it was used, he said no, but ill help you pay for a new one

does that mean im spoiled?
=\
...No?
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Yes, bit in my opinion if you've worked hard for the money yourself the reward tastes so much sweeter!
If he bought you the whole thing for no reason, yes. The way he's doing it, though, no.
well undirectly, yeah...but no.

i mean, i love shopping for second hand gear. the stuff feels like it has spirit to them, plus they're more affordable.

if i told my dad i was buying guitar gear, he's just say i'm retarded, and i should buy a car (hence that i wont be able to get a liscence in 3 more years...and i dont want to. bus ftw!. but a band-van would be awsome.)
It means you're a lucky bastard. You should be happy, not asking UG to justify it.

go play you're new halfstack!!!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Godzilla1969
If he bought you the whole thing for no reason, yes. The way he's doing it, though, no.

Yep.

But, remember, just because it's a half-stack, doesn't necessarily mean it's good.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by metabolicmaggot
It means your dad is better than my dad.

thats subjective....some older tube amps are better than new ones... same goes for guitars... what halfstack btw... please dont say marshall mg
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
perhaps he doesnt want you to pay a lot of money for something used, only to find it doesnt work as well as a new one.

so maybe its not "spoiled", but "overprotected"
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
hell no. u dad just wants to support u. if he bought the entire thing just cuz u asked, u would be spoiled. but no. i just wish i had ur dad.
Why would that make you spoiled? It only means that your dad wants you to have to the best for yourself but I guess for YOU that's not good enough is it, IS IT!!! Either way if you don't want it or its to big I'd be glad to take it off your hands...
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

jealous ppl will say ur spoiled. ur not though.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
no, it doesn't. if you were spoiled your dad probably would've been like "oh don't spend it with your own money, why don't i just buy you a new one instead?"

/thread
to be spoilt would means you'd have ran off to your dad to begin with and ask him to buy you a half stack himself

just means your dad is generous, but its a good thing to have, since you still know you paid for it and got a new half stack
He's probably just looking out for you. The new halfstack will have a year or w/e garantee on it so you can take it back. Thats what he's thinking of. If he pays for it ALL then yea, your spoilt. If you pay for most of it, like 80% then he pays the rest then i would say your not, but lucky none the less

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by latinosuperstud
thats subjective....some older tube amps are better than new ones... same goes for guitars... what halfstack btw... please dont say marshall mg

its going to be solid state , all we can afford

so it might come down to it, i played through an MG , and it was pretty good, but it wasnt cranked, so i dont know?
Dont get an MG, just save your money for a tube amp. If you cant afford a stack* chances are you dont need one.