Down here in North Texas.(Dallas, Fort Worth)
The wind is getting pretty ridioculous.

This is my house's shingles getting ripped off:

This is what used to be my fence gate, before the wind tore it down:

And a little later, the sky turns orange:

pretty weird, eh?

anyone else experiencing this?
F.U.B.A.R.
Last edited by MetalHead73 at Feb 24, 2007,
Wow you have brick houses? I always thought American houses were made of wood?

But to answer your question, we had quite a bit of bad wind in, I think, January. But it's all good now
Yeah, the wind's pretty bad here. There was a cloud of dust covering the highway from the rock quarries, slowed down traffic to a crawl.
I live in Lubbock and this morning we had 70mph winds with ALOT of blowing dust. We had zero visibility for a while. It even snowed for a few minutes during the dust storm. It was snowing mudballs! Now the winds are down to about 30 mph and no dust. We are used to dust storms here, but this morning was crazy. Sorry I don't have any pics to post. Too bad about your house and fence. Luckily I didn't have any damage.
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Quote by chocolatguitar
you fail at living.

texas makes people fail at things. it is a fact.

wtf? What makes you think Texans are any different the the rest of America.

No, we don't all wear boots and cowboys hats, thats only in either old country towns, or seen very rarely in places like Dallas.

You fail, you sterotyping son of a bitch.
F.U.B.A.R.
Quote by MetalHead73
wtf? What makes you think Texans are any different the the rest of America.

No, we don't all wear boots and cowboys hats, thats only in either old country towns, or seen very rarely in places like Dallas.

You fail, you sterotyping son of a bitch.

man, i was just kidding.

but seriously, you suck

...?
Quote by chocolatguitar

man, i was just kidding.

but seriously, you suck

...?

Nice cover.

Ass.
F.U.B.A.R.
Quote by chocolatguitar

man, i was just kidding.

Don't kid about Texas to a Texan.
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Quote by MetalHead73
Now you like me?

lol man i was just kidding in the first place.

anyway, back on topic: wind sucks.
The orange sky is due to dust. Am i right that Texas is a fairly dusty country?
Probably dust blowninto the atmosphere by the powerful Winter winds.
Wow, where you live is so spacious and beautiful, England seems shite in comparison.

Well i hope the wind lessens anyway.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by bubbaearl
Don't kid about Texas to a Texan.

texas? only steers and queers come from texas.

i wouldn't be doing this if i wasn't so grounded and so bored.

eh.
Quote by garden of grey
No.

In dallas there is seriously no dust.

The only part of texas that looks like the Cowboy movies is like 300-400 miles west. This shit has blown a long way

I wouldn't be suprised.
This is the US of A we are talking about. Anything is possible with Global Warming
Quote by Moggan13
I wouldn't be suprised.
This is the US of A we are talking about. Anything is possible with Global Warming

global warming makes it windy?

Lol.

it's probably from the amount of dirt everywhere.

just getting kicked up by the wind.
F.U.B.A.R.
Quote by chocolatguitar
global warming makes it windy?

Probably, increase in warm airs creates *Thinks*....Um...revolutions in the air and *Thinks again*

..Fuck
Down here in Houston its perfect...I didnt think Dallas got dust like that I thought that only existed out west Texas. Man I love Texas weather.
Quote by MetalHead73
I still can't stop coughing.

damn dude, that sucks.

biggest worry i have here in rural south jersey is if i died would anyone notice...
Wow, dude. I've been seeing pics for like 5 minutes, and it's progressed THAT much since you posted your pics?

Things must really be bad. I saw that Dallas only had a visibility rating of under 1 mile for a part of the day fromt he dust the wind's blowing, not to mention 65 mph winds.

There's a good few storms to the east of you too. My area's projected to get thunderstorms, but nothing huge from it all.

Today's just a crazy weather day.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I know what you mean man, the wind is crazy, and yeah the dust in the air was nuts.
Yeah, were getting that wind here too. Instead of the sky turning pink or a bright purple at sunset, it turned orange and yellowish. I don't think it's as bad as it is down there in Keller. It's more calm now.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
just be glad your in USA... I'm stuck over here in Australia melting in 40 degrees celsius heat... (which is like maybe... 105 for you)
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
just be glad your in USA... I'm stuck over here in Australia melting in 40 degrees celsius heat... (which is like maybe... 105 for you)

Man I used to live in Vegas, in the middle of the ****in desert and one summer it got up to 118 for 3 days. It sucked.
^ Texas gets that every summer too. But with a twist of humidity to make you suffer more. Thank God for dry heat though. *high five*
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I moved back to Houston which has some of the worst humidity in Texas. But you have to admit that when its like 75 its perfect!