Does anyone have a sample of a metal style kick drum I could download or know where I can find one? I am currently without a drummer and I have asong I want to get laid down. I want it to sound similar to bands like In flames, killswitch engage, etc. I have searched multiple sample sites and found nothing to my liking. Much appreciated guys.
Quote by imnotcommunist
lets make an emo song!!
first play same 2 power chords over and over
have a breakdown every 10 seconds
cry and whimper
dont forget the hair over one eye
and the depressing lyrics on how your teddy bear died!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you funny

Not.
Anyway what kind of bass sound something like metallica bass or Pantera or what. give an example.
He did, In Flames, Killswitch Engage etc
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
well, I just use Hydrogen (the free drum software) and Audacity. I got a decent metal kick drum sound using the stock one. The trick is, IMO, to put a lot of treble to capture the sound of the mallet hitting the drum.
I'm no expert though
Originally posted by ForTheOptimists
anal seepage diffiently takes the cake for me. Congratulations the_pick_gnome you are one sick twisted person :]
I'm concerned by the word "sample". Are you going to use the same sample throughout the entire song? What about different velocities?

You are going to get the machine gun effect if you use the same exact kick sound for the entire song. It'll sound like like a late 80s New Order song.

Brandon
Quote by brandondrury
I'm concerned by the word "sample". Are you going to use the same sample throughout the entire song? What about different velocities?

You are going to get the machine gun effect if you use the same exact kick sound for the entire song. It'll sound like like a late 80s New Order song.

I agree. If you're going to go the sample route you'll need a couple of velocity layers and the easiest way to get that is to buy one of the newer drum programs/sample sets like EZ Drummer, BFD or the latest one: Addicitve drums. Then you need to know a bit about actually programming metal drums (and programming drums in general) when it comes to timing/tempo/velocity and so on. Otherwise you will end up with that rigid feel and sound that everyone can hear is a set of poorly programmed drums.