Page 1 of 7
So who do you think is the most overrated guitar player ever?
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
jimi page
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
john fruisante
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
kurt cobain
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix are not overrated, they deserve all the praise they have
kurt cobain
hendrix
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
Dear God... I'm so tired of these threads.

The most common answer is Kurt Cobain

/thread
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
yeah I'd definately say cobain.

I don't think he's as crap as some people on here claim....but he's also not as good as a lot of fans say.
cobain.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Eddie Van Halen is ok, but his ego, and how overrated he is annoys me so much.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Page and Hendrix are two of the most talented rock musicians ever, how can they be over-rated? Frusciante on the other hand...
the thing about this is...every one listed up there is a brilliant and ingenious guitar player, and despite the fact that they might be somewhat overrated, even though theyre not, there still freakin amazing.

and...really...id have to say as far as overrated guitar players go anyone in contemporary..or old for that matter punk and emo bands...except rise against and a couple other bands.
Yeah, Cobain isn't that good.

He committed suicide! How stupid is that?
Quote by Griever988
wow SERACH BUTTON

i think he might not want to go through pages and pages of old threads. what a concept
myspace.com/thecarlandbenextravaganza1

my band ^
Quote by JL_Shredder
Yeah, Cobain isn't that good.

He committed suicide! How stupid is that?

What the hell does that have to do with his guitar skills? Yeah, he's over-rated but don't be ridiculous!
I'm suprised no one has said Synester Gates yet. I don't think he's terribly overrated, but lots of people don't like him.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
why cant people just see that questions like this can never be answered because every1s opinion is different, there will never be a definate most over rated guitarist ever.
Page/Cobain/Dimebag
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
A lot of people say that Yngwie is SOOOOO overrated, but when they say this, half of them don't know the extent of his skill and expieriance.

Could B.B. King write something like this? Not only for the guitar, but for an orchestra!Blitzkrieg

Watch this and tell me what you think after!
Quote by nehpets5555
kurt cobain

Indeed. I love Nirvana a great deal, but for every person out there who understands that he wasn't really a very good guitar player, there's 4 14 year old fan boys who are like, "OMG!!!! Kurt Kobain is Teh Greatest EVeR! "
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by leftyrockr
Hendrix. Nuff Said.

/thread

QFT! Innovator, yes. Influential, yes. Master of all things guitar? Far from it.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by ImNotSmart
i think he might not want to go through pages and pages of old threads. what a concept

Yeah, it's way to boring!
Quote by fadingboy
Page and Hendrix are two of the most talented rock musicians ever, how can they be over-rated? Frusciante on the other hand...

While they are amazing and influentical, there are hundreds of other musicians that are better than them, but dont get as much praise.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by fadingboy
What the hell does that have to do with his guitar skills? Yeah, he's over-rated but don't be ridiculous!

It has nothing to do with his playing. I just think that's how he gets so much publicity.
Brian May?

I think he's good, and catchy, but die-hard Queen fans who aren't too familiar with the guitar seem to think that he was given divine powers to play the guitar better than everybody else or something.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
You know what gets my goat? A shepherd. Urgh.

Quote by meh!
Pfft, everyone gets your goat, your goat is a goat-slut. She/he/it is like the village uni-cycle..all of the clowns have had a ride..and you live in CLOWN VILLAGE.
Quote by ImNotSmart

Your username is truth, using the search button narrows it down to only the necessary threads.

I'd have to go with Mr Gates... God that guitar lesson...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.