Hey

Well I live in the UK and the other day I made the decision to stop buying anything made in sweatshops. Up until now I've only avoided buying well known brands that use sweatshops and the like such as Nike and Nestle etc. and it struck me that really I was being a tad hypocritical. Clothes are what I'll most likely be buying next so I was wondering if anybody out there knew of any labels that are guarenteed to have been made by people earning decent living wages?

Do you live by any thrift stores? Awesome places to get clothes.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
lol.. good luck with that
Quote by your mom
wow.. ggmIdas is so good in bed
Quote by your dad
basically, ggmIdas can pleasure the ladies better than me.. and he could totally kick my ass
the kids are gonna be stuck making the clothes in sweatshops weither you buy them or not, might as well just by them an realize how shitty the planet is
Quote by HxCori<3
the kids are gonna be stuck making the clothes in sweatshops weither you buy them or not, might as well just by them an realize how shitty the planet is

You're only supporting the company then, therefore motivating them to continue the same practice as they are still making a profit. Attidudes like that are a part of the reason this type of thing happens.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by JuicyMango
But if you don't buy the clothing, then those kids will be out of jobs!!!

And working on non-livable wages in shit conditions is better?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
juicymango's right. we should be pressuring the companies to pay them more and improve their working conditions (shift lengths, etc). the sad thing is, if everyone stopped buyin these clothes and the companies crumbled, the sweatshop workers would starve to death

=(

catch22. this kinda thing needs a political weight behind it in order for it to work really. although i still refuse to buy gap and nestle too =) good on ya threadstarter
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation
Quote by Bubban
And working on non-livable wages in shit conditions is better?

better then trying to live on no wages an just dying
Quote by not enough
juicymango's right. we should be pressuring the companies to pay them more and improve their working conditions (shift lengths, etc). the sad thing is, if everyone stopped buyin these clothes and the companies crumbled, the sweatshop workers would starve to death

=(

catch22. this kinda thing needs a political weight behind it in order for it to work really. although i still refuse to buy gap and nestle too =) good on ya threadstarter

Or they'd be convinced to use fair labor due to the bad publicity from public outrage.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Thanks for the help, but I'm in the UK, anybody got any links to companies that operate in Britain?