Ok I'm looking at two guitars which both kick ass but i need some advice from you guys on which is a rip off and which is worth it.

Right now I'm lookin' at a les paul junior which is priced around 1,100 clams and a fender fat strat which costs about 1,200 dollars. I've spent countless hours playing them at the store and I love them both.

So whats a rip off and what worth it?
I despise les paul juniors...no, not beacuse Billy joe armstrong uses it, but because they're so very ugly.

But for the fat strat...is it american? I would honestly choose that over the junior LP...no doubt.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I don't know which one is a rip off, but personaly I'd go for the Strat. I'm not too found on LPJuniors...
Well, if you really love them both, then it's all up to you. Also, if you can get a sweet deal on some clams, then I think you'd get the best value from the LP Junior.

[edit]And since people are posting opinions: I loathe Fat Strats. If I'm getting a Strat, I'm gonna want the Strat tone, which the Fat Strat won't give you. ANd the humbuckers that have been i the ones I've tried were waaaay too flimsy to actually give you any kind of punch in your sound.[/edit]
If your going for a more classic rock sound (pink floyd/beatles/who) for instance, I'd go for the strat. I honestly think that Les Pauls are a more versatile guitar becuase of the humbuckers, but the strat has probably has an open coil humbucker in it. Personally I'd go for the fender cause it's a fender. But i can't really talk...

I have both!
Id go for the strat. the les paul junior isn't nearly as versatile with one p 90 bridge pickup. if you dont plan on playing cleans ever i guess the lp jr would be ok
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by Pikka Bird

[edit]And since people are posting opinions: I loathe Fat Strats. If I'm getting a Strat, I'm gonna want the Strat tone, which the Fat Strat won't give you. ANd the humbuckers that have been i the ones I've tried were waaaay too flimsy to actually give you any kind of punch in your sound.[/edit]

really... well i definitely am an all rock play at the moment but i didn't get a lack of humbucker "punch."

thanks for the feedback guys. I think I've nearly made up my mind. Any more comments?
The LP junior is the lame one with just the one pick-up right? If so, definitely go for the Strat as it will be more versatile.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
i would get that les paul if you dont play anything too heavy.

i dont see the point of the fat strat. if you want a h-h guitar a les paul is wayyyyy better.
Quote by echofreak
i would get that les paul if you dont play anything too heavy.

i dont see the point of the fat strat. if you want a h-h guitar a les paul is wayyyyy better.

im sure the fat strat was intended for the folks that likes the feel of the strat over the les paul but want the les paul sound....
Actually, yeah..I would take the single coiled strat over the fat strat =\. Just me though, I want that Gilmour tone.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Actually, yeah..I would take the single coiled strat over the fat strat =\. Just me though, I want that Gilmour tone.

this is the only place ive ever seen anyone talk about gilmour and his tone with such endearment.
My advice is to go to www.carvin.com, select a body, and customize it to your own specifications.

It'll beat the pants off of either of those guitars, I promise .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by KeepDreamin
really... well i definitely am an all rock play at the moment but i didn't get a lack of humbucker "punch."

Well, it can do some fair enough rock sounds, but it can NOT do roaring gnarly metal sounds at all. But it'll do old school metal well enough. Of course, your other gear might boost it into another territory, but with my current "rig" (which is tiny and inferior) it ain't gonna happen. The thing is, though, that with my high output humbuckers I can just dial it down, and I'll be in the area of Fat Strats, so I already have something like that sound, and I'll be darned if I'm getting another expensive guitar that can do that, but not go above (sure, it'll have the single coils to give the tone a different flavour, but that can be done in other ways). I'm just saying that if I get a Strat (which I won't), then it's gonna be for that combination of elememts that give it its signature tone. But I'm probably gonna end up building a different guitar that has those elements too, only less bland.