Well, looks like everyone who wants to buy some amazing European metal and piss of the RIAA, you're in luck.

I looked up Opeth and Emperor, and most of their best stuff is safe. SO happy rocking!
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Are you kidding? I've been "boycotting" them for as long as I've owned a PC.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Are you kidding? I've been "boycotting" them for as long as I've owned a PC.

yeah i think we all have been.
For me, every month is "Boycott the RIAA Month"
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Well, at least you can use that cool site that I linked. I never knew what not to buy, but now that website will make it easy
But this is saying to buy albums that are on labels that aren't on the RIAA. Not just downloading.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by GiantRaven
Wow...I don't care...

^Then don't post and get the **** out of my thread
Yep, basically all Candlelight, Peaceville, and a good few Music For Nations albums are up for buying.

Makes me want to have some kind of money.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by DeathSlut69
What if Chinese Democracy comes out?

funniest thing i've read all day
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by GiantRaven
Oh I guess i'm screwed already

I own all of Muse's albums...oh the scum I am for supporting the RIAA!

How about you shut up, it's for one month. If you can't live without some album, download it and buy it in April.

Angry people for the mother****ing loss.
Quote by REPOMAN
How about you shut up, it's for one month. If you can't live without some album, download it and buy it in April.

Angry people for the mother****ing loss.

No, i'd rather listen to the music I like than have a stupid website tell me what I can and can't listen to
Quote by GiantRaven
No, i'd rather listen to the music I like than have a stupid website tell me what I can and can't listen to

Like I said, DOWNLOAD it and buy in April.. can you read? No one is saying you can't listen to the music.
I've posted a bullitein on myspace regarding it. Hopefully it'll reach a few more people through that too.
Quote by REPOMAN
Like I said, DOWNLOAD it and buy in April.. can you read? No one is saying you can't listen to the music.

So buying it in April over March makes...what difference?
Meh, I think it's an okay idea, but if I see an album I want, and I have money, I'm buying it whether it's RIAA or not.

I mean, just buy the music, or just download, as long as your ears get something good pumped into them, I honestly don't care.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by GiantRaven
So buying it in April over March makes...what difference?

It's the gesture towards the RIAA that the people that they push around have power over them. No doubt they will know about the boycott, and hopefully it largely diminishes profits for March. Then, when buying picks up in April, they will see that they can't use DRM bullshit and lawsuits to settle things
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
I doubt there will be a significant number of people doing this to make the RIAA care.

I can hope there is
Every month is Boycott the RIAA for me but Sforbz is right, there wont be enough people to even make a dent in RIAA
Booyah

Sinforsale....I guess you were right. I was wrong.
Dude. This is GiantRaven you're arguing with. You're not going to win.

PS:

Oh noes. For an entire month, about 10 UGers will not buy any of their albums, then in april will then buy all the albums that they wanted to get, therefore making their money back instantly.

To quote a crap film: "My logic is undeniable!"

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by REPOMAN
It's the gesture towards the RIAA that the people that they push around have power over them. No doubt they will know about the boycott, and hopefully it largely diminishes profits for March. Then, when buying picks up in April, they will see that they can't use DRM bullshit and lawsuits to settle things

So basically...they won't be losing money

So you've achieved nothing

Well done!
I have around 20 CDs in my collection and I just checked and like 4 of them are associated with the RIAA, but there's 2 from the same band where they support free downloading because they do it themselves and they would be hypocrites if they didn't. Also if the new Streetlight Manifesto album is released in March I'll screw it up.