The guitar sound is good. The playing is alright not perfect, but you voice sounds a tad whiny for my liking. Good vocal potential though.
hmm whiney? for realz? I can see how my other stuff sounds a bit whiney but i don't see it in this one. maybe i should've moved the capo up since i'm a girl. it could sound better if i sang it higher. thanks for the comment though.
I used to be a huge Dolls fan, so this may be a bit picky. Although, it was a good effort. Some missed notes on the intro and a few timing issues, but nothing that isn't completely understandable. Now, I've got to ask: Are you forcing yourself to sing that way, or is it natural? I can't sing for crap, so I'm not going to be too judgmental, but if you open up your voice a bit, I bet you could mature into something like Emily Haines. Sing from your chest and try to use less emphasis on the wah-ish (Tom Delonge?) pronunciations. Well, unless maybe that's the idea?

"Sit Me Down Dress Me Up" was pretty good. Never heard the original, but this works in a Yeah Yeah Yeahs kind of vibe.
yeah, that is the style of how i sing...which comes pretty natural. i don't sit down and think "how am i going to sing this part?" it just happens. i know what you mean though about opening up. i don't know, people say my voice is great and unique and i like it so i don't try to change it.

Sit Me Down and Dress Me Up IS an original. as is everything else on my page except this cover. i don't do covers very often.

thanks for the crit.
Thanks for the crit on my collab with slash_no_1.

Your guitar playing was pretty darn good for a young'un. I am even more impressed if you played and sang at the same time. You sounded a little like Avril on this song I thought. I wasn't a big fan of your vocal tone(this is just a personal opinion) but I thought you did a great job keeping the tempo and keeping in tune. You are well on your way to being an awesome muscian! Keep up the strong work.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Yeah, i like it a lot though. I'm also a fan of the goo goo dolls, my favorite tracks being "Here Is Gone", "Give a Little Bit", and what do you know, "Acoustic#3"
Also i noticed you live relitively close to me, i'm in kings mountain NC, used to live in asheville though.
Last edited by MyTar at Feb 25, 2007,
haha a "young'un" you say. I'm capable of playing it and singing simultaneously but in order to get the levels right i did them separately on here. usually my guitar sounds wayyy too loud if i do it at the same time. i'll choose to take the avril comparison as a compliment.

and thanks "MyTar"...we do indeed live pretty close. i even contemplated going to college at UNCA.

does anyone else laugh when they hear me say "don't suppose i'll ever know what it means to be a man?" i do. but maybe i'm just incredibly immature.
hey there. first off, thanks for the comment.

everything's in tune, well played, lovely voice...

though, i think you're singing through your nose. people who sing through their noses can't get enough air, so you will lose strength in your vocal performce.... if you sing through your diaphram, you will get more out of your voice.

you're voice is great, but i think you can improve. (everyone always can improve )
Haha, when i was listening to it, and it got close to the "don't suppose i'll ever know what it means to be a man?" part. I was already wondering what it was going to sound like when you got to it, but when you did, it wasent bad, im glad you sang through it without laughing or something lol.

Yeah, I'm most likely going back to Asheville pretty soon, ive visited UNCA a lot. My brother went to A-B tech though, and now he's a manager at a theater, which is cool. thats a great job if you ask me. I'd love it, haha.
thanks for the comment.

i thaught your guitar playing first off was pretty spot on. the vocals are also good, however i think they always sound better with a lot of power. at the moment they are a bit whiny and i agree with what the other guy said bout opening your voice up. if you sang with more power you will definatly improve your voice!

dont get me wrong tho, you are right in saying its good and unique but there is still room for improvement!
Quote by anOnyMouSanIe
haha a "young'un" you say. I'm capable of playing it and singing simultaneously but in order to get the levels right i did them separately on here. usually my guitar sounds wayyy too loud if i do it at the same time. i'll choose to take the avril comparison as a compliment.

Yes, the Avril comparison was intended as a compliment. I think she is a great artist. As for the young'un thing, no offense meant there either. I am just an old dude wishing I started playing guitar at age 15 or so, I would be really good right now if I did!!
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
honestly........didn't like it......the intro guitar was wrong, and the melody of the lyrics was off too
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
are the veins in his own arm."
Yeah, i usually don't do covers exactly the way they are supposed to be. I like to mess with the melody a little as long as i'm still singing on key. I just like to personalize covers, but i can see why some people wouldn't like that. I'm not concerned with the guitar or the vocals being an exact replica.