Page 1 of 2
There's a huge place in my heart for sunsets and auroras. I am a huge fan of them but I don't think people appreciate them as much as they should. Most people I know aren't really stunned at all and i've got to say, it does bother me a little.

Anyway. Post pictures of sunsets and auroras. Here's one I found on the internet a few days ago. This is definitely one of my favourite sunset pictures of all time.

Beautiful.

Here are some other ones I've got:

And here's one of my back garden (it's not a great picture but you had to be there to appreciate it. It was a really nice sunset - too bad the picture doesn't show it)

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 24, 2007,
4th one down is sharp. I too, have a passion for auroras, they're so sweeeet (multiple e for emphasis).
DANK MEMES
Quote by Jonjy2
whats an aurora???

Btw cool pic ^^

This is an Aurora

Completely real (even though it doesn't look it)

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 24, 2007,
GoodNite_AmyLee, I agree. Luckily I live Alaska and I get to see the northern lights first hand all the time. You can't appreciate them in a picture. When you see them dancing around with pink and blue tips. GNAH! Its so beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Amy Lee herself.

You would like the summers here too because you can actually watch the sun circle around you on the horizon.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Quote by AK Guitarist
GoodNite_AmyLee, I agree. Luckily I live Alaska and I get to see the northern lights first hand all the time. You can't appreciate them in a picture. When you see them dancing around with pink and blue tips. GNAH! Its so beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Amy Lee herself.

You would like the summers here too because you can actually watch the sun circle around you on the horizon.

Pluck You I want to see the Aurora up front. I bet it's really something. Someday, I will travel to Alaska to see it. So you see it everyday, huh?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Man, this makes me want the "most moving pics" threads back, but they started dying as they progressed slowly...

Sunset in Aruba.

Sunset in Japan

Aurora in Winsconsin

Aurora in Siberia
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Sorry I don't have any but they are pretty much the only reason I'll go for a walk. I've never seen an aurora before they look pretty sweet, what causes them?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
What causes those auroras? I once was told but i completely forgot. They are Beautiful btw.

EDIT: Ok forgive me, I didn't see the post above.
Last edited by CyAC at Feb 24, 2007,
Nice idea for a thread, I'll post some of my pics and some other pics once I get home

oh and the pics are nice too
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
One that I took myself.
Not great, but not bad

I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by CyAC
What causes those auroras? I once was told but i completely forgot. They are Beautiful btw.

EDIT: Ok forgive me, I didn't see the post above.

It's something to do with ions in the atmosphere being ionised and the different ions which correspond to different elements give off different colours.

But thats a bit of a stab in the dark, as I don't remember a lot of my chemistry lessons
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by AK Guitarist

Oddly enough, they were visible here in Kansas like a month ago I think. It was really cool, and eerie.
we got to see the northern lights here once, but i wasn't born yet.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by happytimeharry
Oddly enough, they were visible here in Kansas like a month ago I think. It was really cool, and eerie.

Yea, I was shocked to find that pic of one in Winsconsin my first reaction was "o_O"...

I want to see one first hand as well.

And I just ahd the coolest thought.... an entire concert held under the Aurora Borealis... like Opeth, with a lot of songs with soft parts in them or something....something soothing, just one big concert during the night, minimal light on the artists, just enough to see them and that's all then, and have this music under the lights....

That would be so awesome....

Saxo-Walrus

Last edited by fallenangel20 at Feb 24, 2007,
Quote by AK Guitarist

Yeah man, living in the north kicks ass. I don't know what life would be like when you walk out your door at sunset and not see the glow on the mountain, or walk outside at midnight to see the lovely swagger of the northern lights...life is good.
Pic I took on vacation at Chorpus Christi, Texas

And some hometown love

"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by mydadisjewish
this thread makes me want to eat mushrooms.

me to.....and watch pokemon......naked
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
My problem is the lube,it's not easing the pain,it just makes it less gripy

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait a minute! Do they send the boxes in boxes!?

EASY MONEY!!!!

One I took.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
I currently doing a Musical Project (15 songs + 4000 words essay - school work) that mentions about sunset, sunrise, dawn, dusk and aurora throughout (although the theme isn't any of those)

Amazing pictures btw
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by fallenangel20
And I just ahd the coolest thought.... an entire concert held under the Aurora Borealis... like Opeth, with a lot of songs with soft parts in them or something....something soothing, just one big concert during the night, minimal light on the artists, just enough to see them and that's all then, and have this music under the lights....

That would be so awesome....

that is such a fantastic idea. is the aurora borealis something completely predictable though?
Quote by highway61
that is such a fantastic idea. is the aurora borealis something completely predictable though?

Not COMPLETELY, but from what I understand, they come in seasons, or something like it, from September throught October and from March through April.

Source

I know it would be cold as well, but I'd stand/sit out there to see it happen.

Saxo-Walrus

The way I came about Aurora's is through a book called Northern Lights (part of the "His Dark Materials Trilogy, including the Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass, Lyra's Oxford and soon to be The Book of Dust). Northern Lights is about a girl, Lyra who finds a city in the Aurora and literally walks through into another world. Please read it - best 4-part series I have ever read.

Anyway, keep up with the pictures. Here are some more I've found on Yahoo. (Yahoo pictures of sunsets are better than Google, despite what you might think).

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by fallenangel20

They're incredible.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
The way I came about Aurora's is through a book called Northern Lights (part of the "His Dark Materials Trilogy, including the Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass, Lyra's Oxford and soon to be The Book of Dust). Northern Lights is about a girl, Lyra who finds a city in the Aurora and literally walks through into another world. Please read it - best 4-part series I have ever read.

I've read those books, absolutely amazing, one of my favourite series. Personally I'd call it a 3-part series (the main triology) and the other books are more spin-offs.

Did you know they've re-named Northern Lights? New copies are called The Golden Instrument. Apparently the publishers wanted to give the titles a theme (eg. The *insert adjective* *insert noun*).
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
I've read those books, absolutely amazing, one of my favourite series. Personally I'd call it a 3-part series (the main triology) and the other books are more spin-offs.

Did you know they've re-named Northern Lights? New copies are called The Golden Instrument. Apparently the publishers wanted to give the titles a theme (eg. The *insert adjective* *insert noun*).

Really? I thought the British version was called, Northern Lights, whereas the US version was called, The Golden Compass. Well, either way - I agree, amazing books. The Book of Dust will come out soon. I used to have a fansite that got pretty big if you remember it - www.cityofmagpies-citagazze.com. It doesn't exist anymore, but it was pretty big and in any case it's unlikely you've heard of it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Time to dust off my old cruising-altitude sunset pic I took on the plane to Florida two summers ago.

EDIT: ^YOU were the cityofmagpies-cittagazze person?! I used to go there a lot! Those are my favorite books ever.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Last edited by VoodooChild15 at Feb 25, 2007,
When I was a kid and went to school, I had a real dumb form tutor.
He thought that the skies in holiday brochures were airbrushed and not real
But the sky really can be that blue, or that pink, purple and orange.
It really makes me cry, even to this day.
Page 1 of 2