I just got some elixer 11 guages to replace the stock strings but I have to say I am very disappointed. Gone is the warm, beautiful tone and in comes this twangy and annoying one.

2 Questions:
Is it possible to replace the elixers with my old strings?

What are the best strings for this guitar? I love the warm sounds of the stock strings.

Now I can;t say the elixers were all bad. they seemed easier on the fingers, especially when sliding, but definitely not worth the price of crappy sound
well some ppl like twangy tone...u really shouldve tried other strings out to find a tone u want instead of buyin strings like elixers just because theyre expensive
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Use phosphor bronze strings instead of 80/20 bronze, as they provide a warmer and more mellow tone.
Love is not a victory march.
When I read your post, it sounds like you like the sound of old, dull strings. Am I right in thinking this?
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by shakysam
Use phosphor bronze strings instead of 80/20 bronze, as they provide a warmer and more mellow tone.

I'm a big fan of the elixIr phosphor bronze strings
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
D'addario Phosphor Bronze strings are the way to go. I can buy like 4 sets for the price of one set of elixirs
I also am not a fan of elixer strings - at all. Don't like how they sound or how they feel but it's all personal preference like anything else. I have a Yamaha FG-735s and I use Martin SP Phosper strings - You can use Custom Light if you want 11s. They sound great on this guitar and any guitar for that matter. I use them on both my Yamaha and my Takamine acoustic-electric. Try em...you will love em.
Quote by shakysam

those are the ones i have.

but can i restring them with the old strings? i still have those
umm yeah...dont re-string them it never turns out how ya think. and thats the way elixers sound... Twangy is the wrong word. Instead of twangy use,,clear tone. I'm a huge fan of Elixers. they sound great on my washburn
Guitars.

Seagull Entourage Rustic Q1
Washburn D-10 N 93'
Jay turser.. i dunno what model.
Just bought an Alvarez MD90. It came with Elixirs on it. I personally love the tone I'm getting out of them. Now, keep in mind I haven't played it with anything else to compare it to and it could simply be the guitar itself I don't know.
I remember when i was begginning at guitar after i restringed for the first time i tuned it my 3rd 2nd and 1st strings to some random bass notes on my electric tuner that. I felt like such a retard after finding out lol. Anyway i love my elixir polywebs on my Yamaha fg730. Best strings iv ever tried
I don't even understand why people buy polywebs. Nanowebs are better in every way from tone to longevity.
Quote by neonflannel
umm yeah...dont re-string them it never turns out how ya think. and thats the way elixers sound... Twangy is the wrong word. Instead of twangy use,,clear tone. I'm a huge fan of Elixers. they sound great on my washburn

Yeah, I love the crisp tone of new strngs, and the Elixirs on my Yamaha still sound great (apart from the G string, which has gone a bit dull). I used to use D'addarios, and even though I liked them they went dull WAY too fast. I tried to get some D'addario EXPs, but the shop didn't have any.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by octavian
I don't even understand why people buy polywebs. Nanowebs are better in every way from tone to longevity.

Well i just asked for elixir strings and thats what they gave me .Are nanowebs more expensive?