How would a maxon OD-9 be for thrash metal? I know matt heafy from trivium uses one and I love his tone but....he also has a Marshall JCM2000 DSL head ansd stuff like that wich im sure has great distortion.Well anyways thanks for the help.

"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
Yeah, it does depend on your amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
in theory you could if you had the right amp. You could get a ton of gain with a DSL and Maxon OD-9

.......also look into the Maxon OD-9 Pro+......it's a "modernized, higher gain, extra boost, more saturated version of the original OD-9
well i cant afford a new amp and im sick of my digitech rp-80 so i just wanted to spice it up a bit.

BTW,dont laugh,my amp is a yamaha GA-10 that came with my first guiutar so i know it wont sound great but it might sound better
"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
you can always buy something now so you'll have it for later. For example, if you got that Maxon OD-9 Pro+ now (to use later on with a better amp) but they discontinued it 3 years from now, you would be in luck by buying it sooner. That goes for any pedal, or anything really. Your first need (if you want one) should be a better high gain (tube) amp.
Sigh. Straight into the amp, no way. You wont even get close to a thrash sound. At all. Whatsovever. Matt Faggy of Trivium, as well as a ton of other people use OD pedals like the Maxon and Tubescreamers as a boost into an already distorted amp to tighten it up, and add clarity and grit.
Quick question here boys.

With my fireball since it has no mid-gain channel. I need an OD pedal to throw onto the clean channel to get something like AC/DC and GnR and that kinda rocky tones. What OD is best for this? and also, with the settings for the mid-gain on the OD what would it sound like ran through the distorsion?
Quote by wetwilliamthe3r
I know matt heafy from trivium uses one and I love his tone but....he also has a Marshall JCM2000 DSL head ansd stuff like that wich im sure has great distortion.

he used to use one he know uses mesa roadsters.
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!