Ok. Ever sinece I saw a awesome guitar seminar I've started to play my guitar on my left leg instead of right. Does anyone else do this?
i occassionaly do it. especially if i get cramp in my right leg from sitting down for a long time. playing on my left leg also helps me when playing near the higher notes when doing a solo
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
This is the way classical guitarists are commonly holding their guitars, it also greatly helps with posture, hand position and speed control, it is a good habit to get into. i dont do it as much as i should i suppose, but it is a good thing, most people here probably wont do it (me included, sorry everyone!)

Themitch
I do it sometimes, out of curiosity. But it kinda feels weird for me.
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-808
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior Head
Epiphone Valve Junior Cabinet
yea, i do it occasionally when playing about with some solo stuff.
I learned that way and I'm glad I did. My friends all play on their right legs and cannot play more than 2 hours before getting cramped. Plus, playing left gives you easy access to higher notes and as Themitch said, it helps with your posture.

Hooray for non-hunchbacked guitarists!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yea like others said clasical guitar players generally use this more often..i personally hate doing this because i play bass most of the time and theres no need to go up on the fret board for solos...
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
ive always done it and always will. right leg just feels strange. only downfall i see to it is since i play so much sitting down, when i try to play standing its more difficult.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by Øttər
I learned that way and I'm glad I did. My friends all play on their right legs and cannot play more than 2 hours before getting cramped. Plus, playing left gives you easy access to higher notes and as Themitch said, it helps with your posture.

Hooray for non-hunchbacked guitarists!

I echo this. I naturally play on my left leg, it just seems logical to me.
Quest for "the tone": pending.
When I first started playing I naturally played on my right leg, but then I picked up the habit of playing on my left from my teacher. It just felt natural. So that is how I play essentially all the time now. I feel its helped me alot in developing my speed and technique
Quote by axethrower13
ive always done it and always will. right leg just feels strange. only downfall i see to it is since i play so much sitting down, when i try to play standing its more difficult.

For real? I used to play on right leg then switched to classical. Before I done that I had to sorta re practice what I knew to play standing but now that I've switched it's way easier to play standing.
tbqh I find people who play electric guitars in classical position tend to look like douches

but I guess it's a good way to practice
Quote by Nick_
tbqh I find people who play electric guitars in classical position tend to look like douches

but I guess it's a good way to practice

It's actually better to play that way. You don't cramp, and it's as if you're playing standing up, so that in a gig you're fingers aren't in the wrond position. You don't play guitar with the neck parallel to the floor standing up, so why should you sitting down?